My New, Custom Tap Handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperpots_Brewing

Reaction score
A buddy of mine is quite a talented sculptor, and I made a deal with him that I'd make him a couple batches of beer if he made some custom handles for me.
My bar is named Copperpots, from the 80's movie The Goonies. So I try to keep stuff pirate themed. I told him I just wanted maybe a bone or skull or something. And here's what he came up with... Needless to say, he spoiled me!
He kept the mold too, so as I add new taps, he'll make new handles.

image-3713507347.jpg

image-2771433118.jpg

Thats really cool.. do you know anything about his process?

Do you have any other shots of your bar? I like the idea of the pirate theme.. :ban:

itchison said:
Thats really cool.. do you know anything about his process?

Do you have any other shots of your bar? I like the idea of the pirate theme.. :ban:

To be honest, the bar isn't really pirate themed. It's just a basic bar. Most all of my beers are named with some sort of nautical term, I have a sign hanging above the bar, and the sign that hangs above the taps to label which is which. Outside of that, it's pretty basic. Sorry for the horrible pic. My house is for sale so I just pulled the photo from the listing online.

image-3836931249.jpg

As for his process, I know he sculpted them out of clay, then used some plastic pieces for the swords on the sides, and created a silicone mold for it. Then he injected the mold with a molding plastic and placed the threaded insert in the bottom. Then he just primed and painted.

One-eyed willy would be proud!

Fun fact: Keenan Wynn was the actor who portrayed Chester Copperpot in the newspaper photo. Excellent character actor, in tons of old movies. Even huge Goonies fans seem to miss that one a lot.

Well done. Goonies never say die... er... stay dry ;)

Latest posts

Back