My new clean in place (CIP) setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirivan

Reaction score
I had a spinning barrel washing head sitting around and decided to make a CIP tank washer out of one of the leftover bottoms from making my keggles.

Pretty sweet for cleaning, hot water + PBW and hooking up a pump to the bottom drain and hose up to the CIP head. When one is finished, set it onto its neighbor.

bnAkkpgqo1xOX5MN5O_BqKHVMm_Gudr_tJ3LWrErl6SSDvf2nAdF_PI91m7bQ_ekgrl6m71KWy6AMWBMn6fKU61FBS06qL4t.jpg

_9BUbts2QNSF3oqpHReySx02J5YKs8kn7T_OP3d4Hxqxz8jekIOHaHK0adxJocbcseCs9TV9sQup2ntIElJ61Rak30Jw26Jl.jpg

mWGPaD1XXNYiCLEsv451I2jIDTKwr3aKWy30J0UbqJ2OXYyENOdt9f_C5zKpvQEDBQFqIobm9WsloZKbP0N-MkJw_ThmmXf8.jpg

Ah, its just a basic chugger with a center inlet. It works good, actually have to choke it back a bit at the valve. These spray heads are pretty cool, they put out quite a bit of force and are designed to work with standard household water supply.

Did you make the head or buy it? Mine is nothing more than a PVC center cap with small holes drilled into it. I'd like to make something that blasts the dried krausen from my fermenters. Those spray heads seem hard to find.

I bought it a few years back for work from (stpats.com). I had to replace it due to a faulty spring clip that constantly let the head pop off after cleaning for a bit, some work with a dremel got it working again. They aren't cheap, but work good https://store.tcwequipment.com/products/barrel-washing-nozzle?taxon_id=7

If it wasn't sitting around, I probably wouldn't have spent the money on it.

Do you have a photo of yours? I love seeing the DIY solutions people come up with..

I bought it a few years back for work from (stpats.com). I had to replace it due to a faulty spring clip that constantly let the head pop off after cleaning for a bit, some work with a dremel got it working again. They aren't cheap, but work good https://store.tcwequipment.com/products/barrel-washing-nozzle?taxon_id=7

If it wasn't sitting around, I probably wouldn't have spent the money on it.

Do you have a photo of yours? I love seeing the DIY solutions people come up with..

20150908_185754_zps2l6wzlej.jpg

It does pretty good with my kegs, but the krausen rings on my better bottles are another story. Same with my Big mouth bubbler fermenters, but I can at least get in there with my hands and scrub it off. The BBs I'm still using the old dish rag and detergent shake method. I got the idea from this thread. (link)

I think I might make the center pipe a little shorter and see about getting a spray ball of some sort that would give me a more equal and more pressurized spray, especially one that would aim some jets toward the krausen ring.

Thats cool! it works by hooking up to a keg with cleaner and pressuring up? No pump.. I still need to do something for washing my "yet to be broken" 5 gal jugs. I'm still leaning on oxyclean and hot water for cleaning my fermenters.

Thats cool! it works by hooking up to a keg with cleaner and pressuring up? No pump.. I still need to do something for washing my "yet to be broken" 5 gal jugs. I'm still leaning on oxyclean and hot water for cleaning my fermenters.

There's a sump pump I use that's under the wire rack. I made my manifold like the one in the link and it just screws to the pump. I can shut one side off so water, cleaner, and sanitizer only comes up through the center for carboys. The two racks are from a section of the typical closet rack you can buy at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. I cut it to where it is just a bit wider than my tub, then folded down the front part to hold it in place. The tub is just a cheap Sterelite tub from Dollar General. When I'm done, everything just packs all nice and neat in the tub.

20150908_185919_zpsl9vinzzy.jpg

Spray balls are available to be had in many places. brewershardware, brewhardware, etc. ebay, amazon...

The sticking point seems to be the fact that sufficient pressure is far in excess of what brew pumps and sump pumps provide. 40PSI minimum or something.

Latest posts

Back