My new brew stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewnation

Reaction score
Just completed my new brew stand last week. Brewed for the first time yesterday. Had some trouble getting pumps to prime. When sparing the pump lost its prime and I had to shut off and restart a couple times. I the pump was to low and lost its prime. Chugged pumps. Also switch box to high. Wire nuts melted during boil and pump just turned on lol. First time fly sparging and did not hit my numbers. Pre boil gravity was1.030 but was shooting for 1.050. Has a little trouble trouble with the speed and ended up with a 30 minute sparge. Love the new set up. Next brew day should go smoother. Anyone know what I should have my mash profile set as on beersmith with this set up?

Use the equipment wizard in beersmith so you can set up your equipment profile. Hopefully you took notes regarding losses and your rate of boil off.

When you're posting click "manage attachments". You can upload pictures from there. It's up and to the left from the post quick reply button.

Congrats! Brew stands are always a work in progress, even when you do figure out all the bugs in your system, most people strive for more (automation or equipment, whirlpool, bling bling, etc. etc.)

Once you get your stand dialed in from a process stand point. Focus on consistency and efficiency. Your current process may not be the most efficient but if its consistent (repeatable) you should adjust your BeerSmith brew house efficiency numbers so you know how much grain your system and process will need for various grain bills.

Brew a couple batches of similar style and gravity beer (same would be the best) to test out your system.

http://beersmith.com/blog/2014/11/0...vs-mash-efficiency-in-all-grain-beer-brewing/

Pic 1

2016-03-22 11.58.54.jpg

Latest posts

Back