My latest score :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fezzman

Reaction score
My wife and I went a bit crazy yesterday at Total Wine. I think she bought every type of cider they carried. Below is my score...

DFH - Aprihop
DFH - Raison D'Etre
DFH - Indian Brown Ale
Ommegang Abbey Ale
Stoudts Triple
The Tanner's Jack (from the brewers of Old Speckled Hen, a favorite of mine)
Konings Hoeven Quadrupel trappist
Wychwood - Fiddler's Elbow
Unibroue - Maudite

I tried the Aprihop and Raison last night. Both were excellent and I'll definitely have to frequent the Aprihop. Man, I love beer shopping. :D

Did you hit that place that I linked or was it the shop you were orig looking for?

I will be curious to hear your impression of the Maudite. That brew (and most of the unibroue stuff in general) seems to be a love it or hate it experience for most.

brewt00l said:
Did you hit that place that I linked or was it the shop you were orig looking for?

I will be curious to hear your impression of the Maudite. That brew (and most of the unibroue stuff in general) seems to be a love it or hate it experience for most.

I plan to hit the place you linked on my next trip to Orlando. Total Wine was a bit quicker/easier for me to get to.

Maudite was awesome! I split the bottle with a buddy who is new to sampling non-BMC. He enjoyed it as well. I let him uncork the bottle to further hook him into my seedy world. :D Sounds silly but I always found something magical in uncorking a beer. Needless to say, he wanted to keep the bottle and cork. lol

fezzman said:
I let him uncork the bottle to further hook him into my seedy world. :D Sounds silly but I always found something magical in uncorking a beer. Needless to say, he wanted to keep the bottle and cork. lol

Hehe. Yeah it does add something to the experience, imo. There are slight differences between the larger volumes of beer as they age vs. say a 12 oz. Although I am not sure I could tell the difference...don't know never tried...but the uncorking raises the phsychological part of the experience.

Good for you corru...uh...I mean...correcting your friends palate :D

brewt00l said:

I liked Maudite the first time I tried it...I don't love it though, but it is very well done imo. Out of their offerings (that I have tried, got their sampler...it is the best sampler I have ever purchased), I prefer the Fin du Monde.

And funny thing, I don't care for the Trois Pistoles as much which is contrary to a lot of people's taste. I mean, I liked it but it was at the bottom of the sampler experience imo.

DeathBrewer said:
so, did you shoot the cork off? that's the funnest parts. my roomates always pissed cuz he finds corks everywhere when he vacuums :D

It almost flew out of his hand. There seemed to be much more pressure than with Chimay (my only other cork experience so far :( )

Back