my kegmeister needs repair

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furniture_guy

Reaction score
I recently got an old kegmeister/beer fridge that is not in working order, I know absolutely nothing about it or what it would take to make it work. It has 3 taps, CO2 tank, regulators, for the kegs. But I dont understand how the cooling system works, part of it was dissambled before i got it and it seems to have a water line?? that goes through the side of the unit. Is that possible? It also came with a seperate compressor unit and I dont know why. Anyway, would it be possible to update this with new parts to make it work instead of trying to fiqure out how it used to work? What would I need to do that?

Any advice would be great or if there is more info I can try and provide it.

Save the draft stuff, get a 'new' fridge from the thrift store.

This one sounds like it may be too commercial, what with a divorced compressor. It would be cheaper to buy the used fridge than call out a service man to fix what you've got.

Unless you'd care to post your location, maybe somebody here could come around and look?

The fact that it was partially disassembled makes it sound as though it may have been in need of repair, but I wouldn't be so quick to dispose of it. It might be fixable for a reasonable cost. Call a refrigeration service company and at least get a professional opinion.

This may sound too simple, but isn't a kegmeister a fridge? Couldn't the hole be for the CO2 line to be run to the outside? You may have no problems with this thing and be over thinking it?!@@!?

:cross:

Latest posts

Back