• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

My handblown Glass for your equipment....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andynaj

Reaction score
i am a glass artist from tennessee, im looking to get into kegging my beer. im looking for any...kegs, taps, quick connects, co2 bottles, lines,i mean any equiptment for trade for hand made glass art. i typically make sculpture but i think that alot of you guys/and girls would be interested in a custom mug/glass. i can make anything out of glass, just shoot me an email and i can show you pictures or give me an idea of what you would want me to make..flowers, paperwieghts, mugs, custum glass taps for your tower, anything, i can frost and etch anything you want into the mug or tap too!!! i also make red strip bottles into glasses that wil shure to be the envy of all your friends!!!
il_430xN.65132006.jpg

email me at andynaj(at)gmail(dot)com
:mug:

edit..thanks john:
so far i am trading for kegs, and co2, i need regs and lines, towers, or faucets, and hardware.
for trade i have tap handles, tasting glasses (4oz), and anything you can dream up out of glass

sure does, what are you looking for, im trying at amass as much equipment as i can....i have alot of glass, more than anyman should have...

Maybe a little bit of a stretch, but is there anyway to get you to make say a glass tap handle, I'd love to see what design you'd come up with and would be more than willing to reimburse you for it, either send some keging equip or pay you.

I gotta say blown glass taphandles would be pretty cool. Don't think i'd even need the wife's permission to splurge on that one!

ill make some handles today and take some pictures of them, i also wood turn so i can make custom wood handles too, ill take cash but i would rather trade for somehting that you dont need anymore, like corneys and taps and lines, just enough to get me started on kegging, ill make some glasses today too
andrew
im glad to hear people want taps, thats what i wanted to make in the first place...order in coming right up!!!:mug:

i just made 6 hops and 3 other tap handles and a large imperial pint glass, ill take pictures tommorrow when they get out of the kiln, then im going to wood turn a base for them, they looked pretty sweet, im keeping one for myself!!!

Excited is an understatement, just let me know what you're looking for as far a equip, I'll pick it up at my homebrew store and ship it out in exchange.

ill make some handles today and take some pictures of them, i also wood turn so i can make custom wood handles too, ill take cash but i would rather trade for somehting that you dont need anymore, like corneys and taps and lines, just enough to get me started on kegging, ill make some glasses today too
andrew
im glad to hear people want taps, thats what i wanted to make in the first place...order in coming right up!!!:mug:

I got some cornies that I would be willing to trade. I am interested in one of the tap handles. Can't wait for pics.

Andynaj, I don't think you need to trade your wares for kegging equipment. Sell your tap handles and pub glasses at a resonable price and pick up your kegging equipment locally. Save on shipping. BTW, if you didn't know there is a homebrew shop in Nashville you could get all of this.

Also, I want a hop handle.

i know i could sell em, which im happy too, and do all the time, but i also like trading because i like the bartering system, i think its nice to feel that both parties get a deal on a product, when i finish them, ill post pictures and well see
cheers
tilldeath..i dont want you to go out of your way and pic it up, and then waste shipping, ill sell you one and go to the store, dont worry about it...i like the store!!!

i know i could sell em, which im happy too, and do all the time, but i also like trading because i like the bartering system, i think its nice to feel that both parties get a deal on a product, when i finish them, ill post pictures and well see
cheers
tilldeath..i dont want you to go out of your way and pic it up, and then waste shipping, ill sell you one and go to the store, dont worry about it...i like the store!!!

Cool I look forward to it thx

where's smithville? I'm in abingdon, va and have tons of cornies and connectors and other misc draft stuff. If you're close I'm interested in tap handles and tasting (4 ozish) glassware.

shoot me a pm

ahhhh........ i thought you meant a different type of hand blown glass......

THAT kind is nice too.. the patterns that people make is mind boggling. especially when the colors change.

Not trying to highjack the thread (and for the record, I don't use these products) but there looks to be a pretty interesting documentary about these types of glass objects...

Last edited by a moderator:
here are the cones i made yesterday, i made 6 but these 4 made it, they range from about 3-5 inches, i am going to put them on a wood base, with a threaded insert in it....
any sugestions on what width to make the bottom of the base, i was thinking it would be a tapered base getting smaller as it connects to the tap....

101_0683.jpg

IMG_3657.jpg

andynaj, those are amazing! I wish I had something to barter with, I'd totally grab that one on the far right...

And dunnright, nice video. Reno is turning into a teeny-tiny San Francisco and there are some head shops (Fat Glass, Art Dogs) that blow stuff that sick. It's really amazing and impressive to see in person.

here are the cones i made yesterday, i made 6 but these 4 made it, they range from about 3-5 inches, i am going to put them on a wood base, with a threaded insert in it....
any sugestions on what width to make the bottom of the base, i was thinking it would be a tapered base getting smaller as it connects to the tap....

101_0683.jpg

IMG_3657.jpg

Awesome, let me know what you're looking at as far as price, either of the right two would be awesome, but any of them would be sweet.:ban::mug:

These are just awesome, great job man!
Keep going with the hops theme I think these would sell (I really want one!)
Lets see them mounted.

I like the third one in from the left. Lets see them mounted!! If the price is rite I am in for the third one in from the left. Pics and price..

Andy, good to see a neighbor on here making some cool stuff. Just FYI Lowes has brass threaded inserts that match the taps although you can probably get a better deal ordering a large quantity online.

Wow those hop cones look awesome man. I wish I had a bar just so I could put one of those as one of my tap handles. Can u make a hop shaped 5 gallon glass carboy? haha that would be ridiculous and I'm sure it wouldn't be cheap either.

Hop cone tap handles look amazing! If you make more that look like the third and fourth from the left (since it seems that they are spoken for, I would definitely be able to barter for them. Got a ton of equipment (new and used) to trade.

Cheers

Lucas

Another idea, How about a Hop cone and an oak leaf together? Maybe the hop cone attached to the oak leaf somehow.

Just an idea that I would love to see in reality!

Back