My Grain Mill Station

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Hog

Reaction score
Nothing great, but I built this today. I still have to install the casters and mount the drill. It will help make brew day a lot smoother. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390169496.451080.jpg

Very nice! I just got my mill this past month, and crouching down to use it isn't all that fun. I could build this with a $9 piece of plywood and have HD make the cuts for it. Thanks for the post!

Very nice! I just got my mill this past month, and crouching down to use it isn't all that fun. I could build this with a $9 piece of plywood and have HD make the cuts for it. Thanks for the post!

They will do all that work for you? My understanding is they cut things to length for you but I don't know about cutting a piece of plywood into like 8 custom sized pieces. . Especially for the sale of "$9" (3/4" and even 1/2" plywood usually costs at least twice that)

They will do all that work for you? My understanding is they cut things to length for you but I don't know about cutting a piece of plywood into like 8 custom sized pieces. . Especially for the sale of "$9" (3/4" plywood costs at least twice that)

You can use this with no issues. I've had them make all the cuts needed for me to build a coat rack. I went in there with the diagrams for like 8 pieces, all different sizes, and just told the guy what lengths I needed of what. It was great.

Now, there cuts aren't always 100% perfect, but it doesn't necessarily need to be for something like this. Looking for functionality.

HD made 90% of the cuts I needed. The first two cuts are free, and the rest are $.50 a cut. I use to work part time at the local HD and know all the guys in the lumber department and get all my cuts at no charge.

Wanted to update my progress. Added the casters and mounted the drill. The scale was a Christmas present from my wife. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390247307.883016.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1390247328.197134.jpg

My wife is the baker in the family. Maybe that's why she picked that scale. lol

27w x 27h x 18.5d. This does not include the casters. The center piece is 12 inches in from the left side.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back