My first recipee !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illnastyimpreza

Reaction score
I JUST poured a glass of my homemade apple cider ale recipe...and all I can say is wow !

I used 3 gallons of pure apple cider, 1 gallon of water, and boiled 2# of DME in with 2 cups of water. Pitched in some cider yeast and called it a day....this was back on 10/25. I just kegged it from the primary tonight!

As soon as I opened the top on the primary bucket I was BLASTED by apple pie aroma floating up to my nostrils ! :) I was psyched cuz my last batch of beer went skunked somehow...anyway I racked from the primary into my Keg, cranked the Co2 up to 35 and shook the crap out of it.... 20 minutes later it was almost fully carbonated. I poured a glass.... wow the aroma of apple pie floats up to your nose even before you can get your lips to the beer. On first taste it tastes like an apple ale, then it leaves you with a cidery aftertaste at first....then a few moments later a small bittery flavor surrounds your taste buds urging you to take another drink !

overall I'm really happy with it...because its my first DIY recipe ! whata u guys think ? anyone make apple cider ale themselves?

O yeah BTW...this stuff KICKS your ASS ! :p
I only drank 1 glass and I'm already BUZZED ...I'm 6ft 225

What was the exact yeast you used, just curious, this sounds so good to bad I can't get any cider right now!

Latest posts

Back