My first pint of kegged beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JHulen

Reaction score
Just poured my first pint out of my new kegging system and it’s perfect! Never bottling again, unless for a competition. I can’t believe I didn’t do this sooner.
IMG_2355.JPG

Congratulations!!! It’s nice having a glass of beer available at the pull of a handle. You can bottle from the keg too and avoid bottle conditioning altogether.
This thread is what inspired me... https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/we-no-need-no-stinking-beer-gun.24678/
It’s a very cheap and easy option to make a few bottles portable when you need. I can fill a 6 pack of bottles at serving pressure (14 psi for my system) in 10-15 minutes. Just sanitize a short piece of clear plastic racking cane that’s been cut at an angle on one end, slip a drilled stopper that’s the correct size for a bottle opening (#2 I think) over it and firmly insert it into a picnic tap and you’re ready to rock.
2416EFD6-CA8E-4D5E-977C-BCDE8CBD2FC2.jpeg
Here’s a YouTube video showing the technique.

I started keging before brewing. Filled them up at a good local brewery. I bought a good beer gun to fill some bottles of my brew to take for a trip. Gun worked flawlessly but still I quickly realized that keging is the best by far.

Back