My first Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winnie11

Reaction score
Hello,
Just wanted to say thanks for the vast amount of ideas that you all have shared here.
This was for a couple buddies that didn't want to learn how to build their own kegerator. It's always easier to spend other people's money lol.
It started with an older fridge, that wasn't cooling had my buddy pressure test, find leak, and fix it.
Then I stripped all the plastics off the inside of door as they were cracked and ugly. This also allowed me to mount the faucet as high as I could. The fridge was almond so I taped/papered all the inside and painted it all with appliance paint.
Turned out pretty good.
Due to the height of the faucet if somebody wanted into the freezer, they would have to open both doors together, or face hitting the handle. I fixed that with the checker plate that holds both doors together. Then needed a new handle so I bent this one up. Looks pretty good.
I have a small draught line cleaning business so I said I wanted to put our logo on the fridge.
And the bison horn I thought was a cool handle

image.jpg

Thanks
I hated the two old ugly handles so I just used the exsisting high and low bolt holes for the new one

Back