My first crack at a label..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chumprock

Reaction score
I've brewed a RIS similar to Stone for a buddy's wedding gift. I've never needed to make a label before, since all my beer goes into kegs, but I thought I'd make something nice they could save or whatever..

themrs.jpg

Going to bottle it into a case of 22oz bottles with waxed tops.

SWMBO quite demanded, "You're keeping some for your Mrs., RIGHT? :D

I've got a little photoshop experience from web design, but I'm no pro by any stretch of the imagination.

I actually printed out a sample and slapped one on a bottle. Looking at it more, I'll probabl make the top text a little larger and center their invite a little more.

Hopefully they'll like it.

Wow, very impressive. I especially like the invitation behind the label. My brother is getting married soon, I might need to steal your design ;)

A little revisioning based on the bottle wax I bought and the top text needing to be bigger:

mrsrev1copy.jpg

And the finished product:

photopu.jpg

I'm pretty satisfied with the finished product and plan on delivering them to the newlyweds shortly. Hopefully they'll like it, at least what's inside anyway..

Looks great.

This is a little off topic, but how did you make the wax look so good?

Luck? I dont know... heh.

I had a couple test bottles, and at first the wax was too hot, so I let it sit for about 4-5 min, dipped and held upside-down for a couple seconds, then slowly rotated the bottle as I started tipping it back up.

Looks really great!

Did you put foil or something over the cap before the wax dip?

I think I might have to brew up a RIS just so I can bottle it and wax it like that. I am sure it'll be a hit.

Latest posts

Back