My first brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talenos

Reaction score
Well, I have my first brew in the bottle and my second batch in the primary. I'm already thinking 2-3 beers down the road too.

Without further introduction, meet my first brew, an english brown ale
n16906813_39365768_3968117.jpg

Now, I just have to wait. It tasted pretty good going into the bottle, so hopefully it's even better coming out.

Nice. If its good now, just wait until its ready :mug:

Good to see you are thinking ahead, unlike me when I started. I was out of beer before I ever even thought of brewing my second

It looks ok but you might want to send me a few bottles for closer examination...just to be safe. :ban:

I posted earlier how I had no bubbling at all in the airlock this batch.

Well my second batch has the same problem as well. There was a ton of foam when I looked, it was on the underside of the airlock plug, so I'm thinking my bucket has a lousy seal or something, it seems fine, would be nice to have something to look at though.

This is his brother, a belgian pale ale.

n16906813_39365773_528155.jpg

When I use my bucket, there's never any airlock activity. Little leaks often happen with buckets. Carboys or Better Bottles are a different story, of course. I usually use my Better Bottle now, with a blowoff tube.

Jim

Thanks for the advice. I think I might pick up the 6 gallon better bottle and save my bucket for bottling.

Anyway, I had my first bottle tonight. It had pretty good carbonation for only a week. Still tasted a little watery. I assume that could get better with age?

I tried it next to a Newcastle and I noticed mine started smooth and a had a little hop kick at the end of each taste, while the Newcastle started with a little hoppy kick and then finished smooth. Anyone notice anything like that before?

n16906813_39384584_7422631.jpg

Back