My favorite beer glass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a Pauwel Kwak one from a friend in Belgium... A few Sam Smith pints, a Flying Dog, some Guinness and then my fancy shmancy new Duckfoot Brewing glasses that SWMBO snuck into the cupboard...

Im partial to my stella glasses, I have about 10 of them all stolen from bars, yeah Im going to hell.

enjoying_edworts_hefe_while_brewing.jpg

my two, My old man picked me up a 12 pack of these blue moon's, and the HB is from my sisters trip to Germany.
100_0624.jpg

Compliments of The Rising Sun Pub In London, England!
The other pic is the same glass with the company of the SWMBO wine glass.
This pub is right down the street from where my wife grew up. Just a local pub.
BTW Kronenberg IMO is some taste beer!

104_2008_edited.jpg

beer wine.jpg

Here's my favorite:
100_4626.jpg

Dropkick Murphys pint glass that is so well used, that I have worn off the color that used to be there!!

The dropkick pint glass is badass....i seen them in Chicago this summer....rocked out..going to their concert in urbana, il in november....cant wait..

I'll second that, saw them in the bronx for my bachelor party, you got to love the foggy dew opening song it kicks ass.

This thread is fun... I have way too much glassware, and have a few different "favorite glasses". I typically reach for a standard shaker, but here are a few of my favorites:

If forced pick a favorite, it would probably be this (plain) nonic pint:
IMG_5422.jpg

I just like that glass for some reason.

My favorite tulip glass that I reserve for "special" beers or occasions:
IMG_7393v2.jpg

Here is one of my boots that get a lot of play during Oktoberfest season:
IMG_1344.jpg

Oooh... can't wait to get home and take some pics of mine. I definetly prefer my larger Delirium tulip.

I can't find a picture of one anywhere (and I'm at work), but I have a Harp Lager Pint glass that has blue raised lettering. Can't find it anywhere - I procured it in Ireland

260xStory.jpg

New specialty beer glasses from Spiegelau. They're missing the classic British pint glass, but otherwise these look pretty nice. We have a couple of sets of Spiegelau wine glasses that are truly excellent. Much more affordable than Riedel and okay to put in the dishwasher every once in a while. I may have to pick some of these up.

Chad

260xStory.jpg

New specialty beer glasses from Spiegelau. They're missing the classic British pint glass, but otherwise these look pretty nice. We have a couple of sets of Spiegelau wine glasses that are truly excellent. Much more affordable than Riedel and okay to put in the dishwasher every once in a while. I may have to pick some of these up.

Chad

those look pretty nice.

IMG_8026.JPG

Here is the collection i brought back with me from my study abroad in germany.
From L to R : Hofbrau Mass, Hacker Pschorr .5L Stein, Hand Painted Bayern 1L Stein, .33L Paulaner Mug, Forstbaumschule Biergarten Weiss glass(i did a lot of studying here during my courses LoL), Schultheiss glass.

IMG_8031.JPG

Here is my Wisconsin collection. I got all of these in my home town in WI even though some are german.

From L to R: Hacker Pschorr Weiss in gold letters(i have a pair), Hacker Pschorr Weiss in blue letters(i have a pair), Wisconsin sports pride with packers helmet on the back side :rockin: , Island Pub Tour for my hometown. (Miller did a special glass that listed all the pubs on the island that is my home town in northern wisconsin and i got a few of these from the bar i worked at during that time) , Packers Superbowl 31 championship stein :rockin: that one was the first stein i ever purchased when i was 16 :mug:

IMG_8034.JPG

here is the collection i have acquired while in utah + one that i got when i visited brussels.

From L to R: my friend ciara's mom from germany got me a set of 4 hefty weiss glasses for christmas last year after she found out i was homebrewing, Hard rock SLC, Utah, Eddie McStiffs brewery (in Moab, Utah), The Bayou jazz and beer pub in SLC (they also partner with our LHBS to get used bottles for HBing), SLC Olympic 2002 glass, the Bayou pilsner, Kostritzer schwarz lager glass(i bought a pair of them from the german hospitality house during the olympics in 2002), La Rulles glass that I got in Brussels(holy crap!!! La Rulles Trippel is by far my favorite belgian beer evar!!!)

I also have some more at my parents house. but they are old worn out budweiser mugs and stuff like that that my parents gave me. They have been using them as daily drinking glasses for juice and water and beer or whatever since before i was born. I also have an old bud holiday stein with the kleidsdales(sp?) on it but my dad refuses to let me move it from his house until i purchase my own house since its worth so much as a limited eddition...and he doesn't want to see it get broken by some college kids...even though i have been out of college for like 3 years.

at one point in my bachelor days i had about 8 Budweiser glasses. i dont have a single one anymore. and i don't even know what happened to them. my guess is they broke or disappeared.

^^^^
yep i have lost a few pilsners, several wine glasses and a few weiss glasses because dumb drunken friends have issues with properly putting things in the dish washer. it was nice that they wanted to help and all... but cleaning glass chunks out of my dishwasher is not my most favorite thing to do. now i just tell people to leave everything and ill do it in the morning. luckily no one has ever put any of my glasses i actually care about in the wash yet. i make sure to hand wash all of those.

I've just realized as of tonight that I do in fact have a favorite beer glass. Most of my glassware is just cheap walmart pilsners, pints, and mugs. But, my favorite glass to drink out of?

My hydro sample tube.

The whole glass conundrum is a lot more simple if you are drinking in England. If you drink from:-

A) A straight glass: You are an ignorant northern wanker with a severe lack of edermacation

B) A windowed barrel glass: You are a "southern softie" that lives with yer mum, and still sucks offf her teat at every given opportunity.

It really don't get more simple than that!! :D

meaculpanv0.jpg

These are my favorite glasses - we got them from the BeerMania guy (who brews the Mea Culpa beer) in Brussels on our honeymoon. They were ridiculously expensive, and we had to hand carry them on the plane home, but I think they're amazing...Bohemian crystal or something, really heavy.

I bottle into bombers, and most glasses just don't hold enough. I found some 24 oz. pilsner glasses at Crate and Barrel for $3 each, and they're great!

My Brother and I have steins, and we love em, they fit our deuces well. but sometimes be bust out our stella glasses to look like some classy mo fos when the freshmen are staring at us( we're in school)

meaculpanv0.jpg

These are my favorite glasses - we got them from the BeerMania guy (who brews the Mea Culpa beer) in Brussels on our honeymoon. They were ridiculously expensive, and we had to hand carry them on the plane home, but I think they're amazing...Bohemian crystal or something, really heavy.

Those are awesome!

Back