My favorite beer glass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At work I drink exclusively out of a wine glass. At home I have no good glasses yet, so pretty much it is either a stemless wine glass or an 11oz bar glass.

reddishamberrye.jpg

I drink at work because I make alcohol at work. So it is natural to grab a taste at 7:30 in the morning (like yesterday) and have a pint at the end of the day.

I bought a heavy, raised lettered Pilsner Urquell glass from a pub in Praha.

...not sure how well the raised lettering/seal would show up, though.

Picked this up in Whales on a trip a few months ago, currently one of my favorites. In this picture it is full of my American Honey Wheat

DSC07949.JPG

DSC07954.JPG

I got a little buzzed last night taking these

First 2 ESB about 2 months in the bottle. Anyone know what the SQHM over 0,5l means?

Third and forth are of the doublebock I brewed last summer .

The Germans call it the "Eich-strich", basicallly it means calibrated line. Eichen is the verb to calibrate, so they are saying that it's in or about, according to accepted deviation, the value printed under the line. We have standards and weights and measures here in Europe, I do remember a conversation on here somewhere where people were complaining about not getting pints when pints were advertised and some of you US based people thinks that Gubmint shouldn't be involved in things like err honesty, well in the EU we think mostly they should, when it comes to being potentially ripped off. Those lines are the way it's done, in Germany at least.

oh is this a post your favorite beer glass thread?

I just got this in the mail from my Mom of all people.
IMG00329-20100309-1449.jpg

oh is this a post your favorite beer glass thread?

I just got this in the mail from my Mom of all people.
IMG00329-20100309-1449.jpg

That's cool :rockin:
I really gotta get going on my beer glass collection.
I only have three, one of the Sam Adams glasses, some cheap ones from BevMo and an Indian Motorcycle one; had to get that one since I have a Chief)

Nothing fancy regarding my glassware of choice. Here's my standard British pub glass with Tetley's logo on the side (and containing my very first homebrew - a Dogfish Head 60 minute clone).

DSC_0008.jpg

Awesome brewery slogan btw.

thank you.

the liberty hops pellets I used last time smelled like a mixture of weed and hot cereal when they were boiling. The wort was delicious smelling as well.

I mentioned liking homebrewing to a psychology professor and he asked if anyone had ever driven by a brewery and smelled it, and he said that it smelled all gross and stuff and of course, I had to disagree. I told him I loved the way it smelled, but my girlfriend (who sits next to me in the class) may think differently.

seriously, I would brew all the time just for the smells. I wonder if they make wort candles?

thank you.

the liberty hops pellets I used last time smelled like a mixture of weed and hot cereal when they were boiling. The wort was delicious smelling as well.

I mentioned liking homebrewing to a psychology professor and he asked if anyone had ever driven by a brewery and smelled it, and he said that it smelled all gross and stuff and of course, I had to disagree. I told him I loved the way it smelled, but my girlfriend (who sits next to me in the class) may think differently.

seriously, I would brew all the time just for the smells. I wonder if they make wort candles?

There is a local guy here that makes hop candy. He sells it now, but I am not sure of the company name. Awesome stuff!

couple shots of my glasses:

sorry for the washed out background, but you get the gist.

pilsner and a few weizen glasses:
IMG_0313.jpg

others:
IMG_0314.jpg

i think the lenox crystal pilsner glasses are my fav... i could drink anything out of those.

16bnczq.jpg

Love my Spiegelau crystal biertulpe!!!!!!! i had two but tragically lost one while trying to enjoy a barleywine whilst in the shower. laugh it up

Always good when one of your favorite bands makes a pint glass. This purchase happened when I went on ween.com druck after an all day bbq a few years ago.

7594-IMG_0722.JPG

Filled with a Rogue Blackened Brutal Bitter clone I made a few months back.

Wow I need a Ween Glass.
My favorites are duvel, chimay and la fin du monde glasses.

16bnczq.jpg

Love my Spiegelau crystal biertulpe!!!!!!! i had two but tragically lost one while trying to enjoy a barleywine whilst in the shower. laugh it up

I'd never laugh at a participant in the awesome exercise that is the Shower Beer.

I'm partial to a nice pils or helles myself over a barleywine, however.

We broke another 3 glasses over the last couple of weeks :(

I did get a new glass though, with a bottle of lismore. Wonderful sipping tulip glass with a heavy foot. You can kind of see it here:

lismore.png

I've been enjoying Glenfiddich with it the last week.

I have that Dogfish glass too, it's in my regular rotation. I love the shape.

I just recently got this gem, I needed a stein for my german style beers so this is my first one:
yhst-22652209279826_2083_911353350

Anyone who just read through this and is itching to buy a ton of glassware should check their local goodwill.

I was on a glassware spree and picked up every shape glass I could find. Tulip, pilsner, weiss, various size snifters, pint glasses, goblets. I can't even remember what else.

At .99 cents a glass it is tough to beat. Maybe I got lucky but i even found identical pairs of everything so I don't have any oddballs.

DSCF2851-Large.jpg

This was a birthday gift from my best buddy. It has become my "beer reviewing pint glass" and my most favorite mug. I will cry the day it gets broken.

And yes it does say "Bradinator" on the glass :mug:

wowsers!! i have that same "v-tech" $20 walmart phone... oh, and bitchin selection you have there. makes my 18 widrmer hefe shakers and various liberated bar/restaurant shakers look so, so drab. :mug:

I know the title says glass but I use almost all of them, except for the stein.
SDC10981.jpg

Back