My (Father's) Brutus Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kman6234

Reaction score
I've been brewing seriously now for over two years and like a lot of you after a while I got that itch to upgrade my setup. Not being an overly handy person I was always apprehensive about starting to build a more complicated system. (No experience with welding, gas plumping or electric ect)

Well long story short my Father has really taken a liking to my beer and offered to build me a brew stand. Fortunately for me my father has amazing DIY skills. The brutus style system was just finished this week so I'm just going to post some pics on the build....

image.jpg

I haven't gotten a chance to brew on it yet because I still need to buy the kettles and cam-locks but I hope to be brewing on this sometime next month. For the chiller I decided to go with the 50' ft super chiller with recirculation from morebeer as opposed to the terminator like Lonnie's original brutus.

Fortunately for me my father has amazing DYI skills.

Very nice work! When I read the above line, I thought amazing is a relative term...let's just say I was amazed! Your dad seems the type that would tear something apart and redo it if not 100% satisfied...persistent as hell I'd imagine.

You can't get results like that with a "good enough" attitude! Cheers!

Very nice. Okay, I'll bite. What is with the Bison head?

Haha I figured someone would ask about the bison. It belonged to my grandfather. My dad wanted to put a hook or piece of metal at the top of the control panel to hang the wires and the probes from so he figured he'd just put the bison on top.

Back