My custom spreadsheet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geejay

Reaction score
Here's what I use to brew. It's a work in progress and entirely made by myself. http://www.greenjon.com/greenjon_beercalc_v1506.xls

I do extract based brews with specialty grains, but it will work for all-grain also.
I do split batch brewing (fake parti-gyle), where I typically boil about 12 gallons and use that wort (diluted) to make 21 gallons (5.25 gallons in each fermentor).

The spreadsheet expects about half the malt extract will be added near the end of the boil. This is so hops utilization is decent. It will calculate the IBU based on the amount of malt and hops for the main boil, and the BU:GU based on the total malt. Then for 1-6 different fermentors it will calculate the GU, IBU and SRM based on the number of quarts of wort per 5.25 gallon fermentor.

Working ok for me so far. I can't guarantee it will make sense to anyone else since I have designed it incrementally to suit my ever evolving brewing style.

I left it populated with my recipes and notes so it is more obvious what is doing what.

Only the last few sheets use the (fake) partigyle brewing calculations. The other recipes were a standard undiluted 10 gallon brew.

cheers.

Last edited:
Back