My BIAB Portable Mini Single-tier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpcourtney

Reaction score
Like many home brewers, I started using extract kits and a turkey cooker. As I moved to BIAB it presents the inherent new problems of bag removal, squeezing, and such. At the same time I started doing BIAB I found a Camp Chef Exploere two-burner stove on clearance for $60 at my local farm and ranch store.
GEDC0526_zpsb930b2de.jpg

To use this stove For BIAB I wanted to be able to manipulate the grain bag without setting up under a ladder or tree to hoist it out. In between the burners is a piece of stamped metal with 3/8" threads welded in it. So, I took a piece of flat stock and drilled a hold in it and mounted it to the stove.
GEDC0527_zpsbfd18908.jpg

A piece of tubing was welded underneath the top framework of the stove to stiffen it up. Then I took a piece of tubing and welded it from the flat stock to the top of the frame.
GEDC0528_zps1f5e0558.jpg

I found a piece of rod that was almost exactly the same size as the tubing and a similar sized flat washer and welded it into the tubing arm so that the arm would pivot on top of the upright tubing.
GEDC0529_zps27a27f37.jpg

The arm is built "hell for stout"
arm_zpsedf6a1ca.jpg

Mash time
GEDC0535_zpse4938854.jpg

This is a 16 lb. grain bill
GEDC0537_zpsdaaac5cc.jpg

Ready to go tailgatin',campin' or brewin'!
GEDC0538_zps3c9e0dbb.jpg

Nicely done! How big of pots (diameter) can you got on there at the same time?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I dunk sparge regularly and have boiled and mashed at the same time. I could have two of the eight gallon kettles going on the burners at the same time. The whole system works out wonderfully for me.

Back