My beer is born!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWibble

Reaction score
I just kegged my Mcqueen's Nessie(my first brew) and its beautiful! I can't believe how well it clarified in the secondary. I drank the sample i drew and it is delicious. Now I have to wait 2 months for it to carb naturally. this is gonna be torture!

mcqueen's nessie.jpg

Congrats! It does suck waiting that long, but when you crack that first one, it is well worth the wait.

Two months? Keep it at about 68-70 degrees for 3 weeks, and it should be ready then. Unless there is something I'm missing here...

My first batch (NB American Wheat) was plenty drinkable at 2 weeks of 65-70ish degrees bottle conditioning. After a total of a month in the bottle, the flavor DID mellow out and its been more delicious since! But I coulda drank a 6 pack or so after only 2 weeks.

*throws confetti* Grats!

And yes, 3 weeks is what it needs, not 2 months. Usually a week and a half to carb, and the remaining of the 3 weeks to make sure it has had time to condition and be tasty.

Some brews take 2 months to condition or more (Belgians are best after 6 months), and some brews get better with age, but 3 weeks is standard to the "Oooh this is a tasty brew!" stage for most brews.

Latest posts

Back