My beer has no carbonation, can someone help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mre24j

Reaction score
So I brewed my first batch of beer a few weeks ago. It is a traditional bitter that I brewed from a pre-hopped extract that has been bottle conditioning for just under two weeks and I tried one the other day to see how it was coming along. Much to my dismay it was very flat. There was a little carbonation but still very flat tasting. Any suggestion as to how to fix it or what I did wrong. I have an imperial IPA in primary right now and dont want to screw it up! Thanks!

Keeping it at 70 degrees? Did you forget to add priming sugar? lol. It happens more than you'd think. Possibly just a bad seal while capping?

the temperature for bottle conditioning has probably been about 40 is this way too low? I thought it was supposed to be lower?

I've found that my beers usually aren't funnly carbonated until 6+ weeks. I suppose it all depends on what kind of brew it is and what kind of conditioning it has received but I wouldn't get too worried until the 6 week mark. If it is totally flat after that.... it'll still get you drunk!!!!

is it ok to bring them back up to about 70 or will that ruin the taste?

is it ok to bring them back up to about 70 or will that ruin the taste?

Perfectly fine. You'll likely want to riddle the bottles (fancy word for swirling to resuspend the yeast) and let them come up to temperature. They'll carb up just fine.

Thanks so much everybody, I'm excited, its got a decent taste but without the carbonation it wouldve been brutal

That beer is going to be nice and clean when its carbed, Might have to shake em a bit to get the yeast going when the temp is up.

Back