My 2nd keezer build (first one I bought from CL)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJOCONNELL

Reaction score
I went with a best buy flash sale freezer Insig. 7.0 cubic ft. I went with a 8 inch inner collar and with 12 inch wide front lip. I painted everything with chalkboard paint.

Used insulating board 1/2 inch thick from lowes (whatever was on sale). The unit can fit 4 corny kegs without issue and has room for a 5 lbs CO2 but I opted to drill out the back to put Co2 external to the unit so I could have a little more room.

Temp. controller is an ink bird two way unit I got from Amazon as well as a single AC fan which was recommended from a thread on here.

For the taps went with 3 Perlick flow control taps and the fourth tap is Intertap forward sealing tap. The fifth tap (which has yet to be drilled) will be a nitro tap. So I will drill that out the back once I get the remaining nitro tap pieces. I am waiting to find a good deal on a nitro tank and reg.

I used 2x4 cut to 10 inches and sanded to clean them up. Painted again in chalkboard paint. Used a set of threads from another thread on here and it was PITA to get the threads straight but they work.

I got worried about clearance of the tap handles but no issues they clear with about 1/16 of an inch.

The fan makes minimal noise and I left it running 24/7 to move air around from the bottom. I might add a second fan or put the single fan on the bottom (currently sits on the hump angled @ 45)

I went with 4.5 inch shanks from Amazon (Prime). The line length to the taps is 5 ft currently and I might lengthen that to 10 ft based on articles on here for line length to eliminate foam issues.

Still dealing with one keg that isn't holding carbonation which is pissing me off to no end. Replaced all the rubber items on the posts and the ring on the lid and also replaced the lid.

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

Back