My 2nd batch...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NocturnalEMT

Reaction score
Yep, got bored at the house and decided to take on a second batch. I am gonna give the Kiwit a try. I'm hooked.

:ban:

Kiwit.jpg

kiwi.jpg

I figured since you had it in the BK,you were going to add it to an ale or something. Kiwi being light flavored,it won't stand up to a big malt flavor. But a extra light malt,maybe interesting. What exactly are you making?

Following a recipe in a book, Extreme brewing. I wanted to get a couple brews under my belt before I start experimenting. Searched some threads on here and people say its pretty tasty, not a powerful kiwi flavor though. Any suggestions on how to get a more "potent" kiwi flavor?

What was the recipe? Generally,more fruit,or less water,lighter malt,that sort of thing. If I was making wine with that,I'd likely add some gold raisins.

not necessarily wanting to type it out. as a suggestion...search this forum for it and someone has it written out

What was the name,& under what style? You have to find the style heading first,then a specific recipe. I've posted a few myself...

Can't quite read it,have to look some more...Oook,it looks like a wheat beer from what little I can make out. 5G batch with 4.5lbs kiwi fruit. I think that might be a good balance for kiwi & wheat beer flavor.

Back