MW 102 calibration error

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjbank

Reaction score
IMG_1539.jpg

I have bought a new probe recently.

I have new 7.01 calibration liquid

I get this reading Everly time I try to calibrate now.

Any help here is appreciated.

Thanks

I realize this is a dated post, but did you ever find a resolution for this? I replaced the diode and used a new buffer solution (the correct one) with no effect. I suspect I have a malfunctioning unit. It worked initially, but now see Ec when attempting to calibrate and the unit’s pH reading is always around 8.79 no mater the pH solution (4.0, 7.0, 10.0).

View attachment 557482

I have bought a new probe recently.

I have new 7.01 calibration liquid

I get this reading Everly time I try to calibrate now.

Any help here is appreciated.

Thanks

A pH meter is an incredibly simple machine, but the quest to make it easier to use creates this “technology “ problem. That’s why I have stuck with a manual meter. I don’t have an answer for this problem.

A pH meter is an incredibly simple machine, but the quest to make it easier to use creates this “technology “ problem. That’s why I have stuck with a manual meter. I don’t have an answer for this problem.

i like my little knobs and jewelers screwdriver also......

i looked at the manual, it says it loses calibration if the batteries are taken out, maybe try pulling the batteries out. and putting them back in? like rebooting a computer? if it's new probe for the instrument, maybe it's to far off for the thing to detect what cal solution it's in.....

Reviving this old thread, I just got a new probe for the MW102 and have the same issue. Ec error but I am using 7.01 solution. Tried taking distilled water pH without calibrating, it reads 16 every time which obviously is not right.

Latest posts

Back