must thank SWMBO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my swmbo bought me a 3 gallon better bottle to brew beers for her in which means I'm going to do lots of experimenting in here.

My wife bought my original 30qt kettle last year, and followed up with a 40qt this year. Also a $100 gift certificate to NB. Also took me on a NYC brewery tour for my birthday last year. Pretty cool lady.:mug:

arnoldk2 said:
My wife gave me a clorox bottle and a mop and told me to clean up after I brew. I'm so lucky.

Haha, not as lucky as me. My sweetheart suggested I start brewing. Now everytime I do, I gotta hear "This house stinks" for three days. The best part is, she says it even if I brew outside.

My wife begged me upgrade the B3 1100 to fully digital and get a few more conicals so she doesn't have to lift carboys. It makes it much easier for her to brew by herself for things like queen of beers.

Where are the brewing classes from?

She got to liking my ales so much that curiosity finally got the best of her. She came into the LHBS with me,& picked out a beer kit. And of course,I just had to be accomodating & buy another fermenter,a longer handled paddle for myself,& more airlocks & the like. When we brew together,it's really cool. She liked the summer shandy recipe I came up with for her so much,I got some supplies so she can brew another batch next wekend. And of course,I got the stuff to brew my sunset gold APA again. But with Ahtanum & Sterling this time. Hail to the king,baby!

My wife bought me a beginners kit in 1992 and has been my biggest supporter ever since. She bought me my stainless conical years ago, has taken me on a beer vacation to Belgium and "consented" to a couple of vacations to Germany. This year for Christmas she gave me a wad of cash so I'll finally build a 30' X 50" brewhouse shed in the back yard.

30 feet wide by 50 feet long isn't very narrow at all. Thats about the size of a kitchen/dinette/living room combo on average. Not bad at all for strictly brew space.

My wife bought me the brewing classes at Flying Barrel last year. Since the class was small we did 8 weeks plus I bought a case our 2 from one of the other brewers. I've continued keeping the pipeline filled with at least one batch every month. Let me know if you want to get together and brew someday.

:D

I live just south of Frederick and pick up things at Flying Barrel from time to time. Maybe we should arrange an HBT brewday...

I could make 30'x50" work. Use one wall and of course no one else would be able to help on brew day.

30x50 is awesome. I only have a 25x16 behind my shop... Contests! To those who want to brew in Frederick, my response is Hell Yes... Lol. I live to brew...

Back