Music to Download Now

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridire

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sitting here drinking the morning coffee, waiting for the wife to run a few errands before heading out for 5 days of camping. I've decided to use the time to download some new tunes.

Suggestions...go...

I know that's tough without knowing my tastes but I listen to a huge variety, so just give your preferences.

Weird Al. ALL of it.

I like Euforquestra. Funky, afrobeat/raeggae (sp) stuff, but you can download the full SOUP album on their website free of charge.

I am also a fan of Rhonda Larson. It's flute music, but it's mostly folk tunes from all over the world. She is beyond amazing in her skill and I love the tunes, especially on the Distant Mirrors album.

The family is a fan of the Dr. Horrible Soundtrack AND the Dr. Horrible Commentary. not sure where to get them. I ripped the tunes from the DVD... :)

More mainstream stuff might be:

Any Best Of album.
Men at Work Cargo
Empire Strikes Back (Imperial March, Asteroid Field, Yoda's Theme, The Force(?) and of course the Main Title!) The Episode IV soundtrack is also nice.
Van Halen Any of the original albums are great. I like pretty much all of the albums except for the one with Gary Cherone from Extreme. And I actually LOVE Extreme! He just did not fit with Van Halen at all IMO.
Extreme Any of the first three albums, but especially III Side to Every Story.
Hayseed Dixie. Covers of classic rock tunes and some tunes from a couple of other genres. Covers done in Bluegrass style!
Here Come the Mummies. Funky horn-based tunes with a light touch of sexual innuendo. Ok, more like a DEEP RUB of sexual innuendo, but it's all good, baby!
Really, can't go wrong with a "hits of the 80s" collection.
Eminem. Love the recovery album and his latest MMII album. Even if you think he's a real dick, he's extremely talented. Maybe the most talented rap artist on the planet. An actual wordsmith and his last couple of albums have a real personal vibe going. He is a Rap God. (And i can't stand most rap or Hip Hop (what is the difference?)

Ok, gotta go for now. HOw much time do you have??

I have most of homercidal's suggestions, too. Strangely, I don't think I have ANY Van Halen. How can that be ? I have 6,000 songs.

--- metal
Cattle decapitation
All shall perish
Suicide silence
whitechapel
devil driver
--- easier listneing
The blasters
Dave Alvin
olafur alnalds
Sigur Ros
Head and the heart
cocorosie
----- drinking music
Dropkick murphys
flogging molly

I'm on an Acadian/maritimes kick. Ron Hynes, Great Big Sea, D'Arcy Broderick, The Fables, and the classics like The Clancy Brothers. Any of the Picking On series are pretty good too.

I believe I'm part of the younger generation of brewers here on this forum so my music taste may differ greatly than others.

Here it goes:
SOHN - (try "The Wheel")
Young the Giant - (try "Strings")
MTNS - (try "Lost Track of Time")
Blackmill - (try "Fortune Soul")
Flume - (try "Holdin On")
MMOTHS - (try "All These Things")
ODESZA - (try "IPlayYouListen")
C2C - (try "The Cell")

My heavy rotation:
Radiohead
Wolf Parade
Handsome Furs
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Pixies
Real Estate
LCD Soundsystem
Arcade Fire
Daft Punk
Modest Mouse
Beastie Boys
Shabazz Palaces
De La Soul
Gorillaz

Just for starters

I listen to a little of everything but I'm on a big ska kick rite now. The Mad caddies are my new favorite. Catch 22 "I like streetlight manifesto better" the toasters or the specials for some old ska or even some old dance hall **** Barrington Levey, or eek a mouse. Did I mention I like a brass section...

Back