murders milk ida brain storm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

netguard001

Reaction score
i'm new to the threads here was watching fire fly the other day and thay wint to a plant ware thay were serving murders milk the description in the show it had all the nutrens of your drand mother's thanks giving dinner with about 15% acl any idas i know its a long shot any thing would be a help

i'm new to the threads here was watching fire fly the other day and thay wint to a plant ware thay were serving murders milk the description in the show it had all the nutrens of your drand mother's thanks giving dinner with about 15% acl any idas i know its a long shot any thing would be a help
I just want to quote this one. Just in case it gets edited after he sobers up. At least I hope he's drunk.

What the f*ck are you trying to say here buddy? You want to brain storm on a beer with a high nutritional value along with a high alcohol content? I suppose in theory it's possible. But I don't know that you'd have a drinkable beer afterward. The taste, body, and mouthfeel would be weird.

If you want to take the first steps, try this. Make a stout recipe. Add a bunch of that chocolate flavored protein powder. Call it a Chocolate Shake Stout, and sell it at the gym.

Welcome to the forums.
Firefly. Good show. Shame it didn't last to long.

I can has cheeseburger and was think that beer should have turducken value and it culd taste like pa and have mad gravy skillz. Can anyone advise?

:D

I ****ing love drunk posting! **** YEAH! You sir have been awarded 1000 internets for the weekend

I would like 273 of those tubes, sir...

Ha, in all reality, though, this guy is wasted. I am too and thought I'd chime in with something equally as useless....but I think thanksgiving dinner in a beer takes the cake

wasn't drinking a thing its an Ida and my spelling is kinda bad i didn't see how it cud be be done that's why i posted it here to see if it was possible that's all i figured it would have to bee a stout is i mentioned above that's the way it was sad in the show

I agree. I'm about to proceed deeper into the inebriation with a Big Hoppy Monster and a Hibernation Ale

wasn't drinking a thing its an Ida and my spelling is kinda bad i didn't see how it cud be be done that's why i posted it here to see if it was possible that's all i figured it would have to bee a stout is i mentioned above that's the way it was sad in the show

Meth is a hell of a drug.

You should check out periods. They're awesome. And not the kind your gf has.... :mug:

You should check out periods. They're awesome. And not the kind your gf has.... :mug:

HAHAHA what i don't even ..........what!?

FIXED said:
Wasn't drinking a thing. It's an idea. My spelling is kind of bad. I didn't see how it could be done. That's why I posted it here, to see if it was possible. That's all. I figured it would have to be a stout. I mentioned above that's the way is was said in the show
Seriously, not one drop of alcohol tonight? Download Google Chrome and use it as your browser. It has a built in spell checker. Refrain from posting if you see any words with red squiggly lines underneath them.

Your idea isn't completely unsubstantiated though. Jones Soda did something similar in 2004 with their Holiday Pack. Flavors included:

Turkey & Gravy Soda
Cranberry Soda
Mashed Potato & Butter
Green Bean Casserole
Fruitcake Soda

Were they any good? Who the hell knows. Anyone ever get their hands on some?

No you are in the right place to get it figured out. We just need more specifics. Did the show give you any idea as to what kind of nutrients were in the beer? Also instead of an ida could it have been an IPA? And if you make your own ber you can put anything you want in it. That my friend is one of the great things about making your own beer.

ok i git the point. i was wrong to try this form. to try and figure this out
Please take no offense. And welcome (again) to this forum. It's just that your posts are so eye-bleedingly impossible to read. Couple that with the fact that everyone else on here is probably good and sloshed by now. You get a recipe for good times. Sometimes at other people's expense. Nothing personal toward you.

Which episode of Firefly was it on? I have them all on iTunes, I believe. I will try and watch it.

edit: Never mind, I found it. And it's called Mudder's Milk. Here is the recipe (non-alcoholic) ---> Mudder's Milk
"Serves three curious individuals, two nutty drunks, or one bloody nutter of a Reaver, who will ask for seconds..."

the only discretion was it was called murders milk with the nutrition of your grand mothers thanks giving meal and that it had 15%acl that was it other thin that it really did not say much more thin that cas ive made a few brews in the past and herd that in the show and that how cud that be done

here's an idea win making a wort in sted of using water use the the must from a mead would that give the higher abv rate that im looking at and thin start to make to milk stout ya nay

Use high-protein grains, such as 6-row, wheat and rye, and throw in some adjuncts, maybe some quinoa or something...make it a barleywine, at 12% alcohol, bitter it to balance with no finishing hops, ferment it clean and drink it young. Maybe some chocolate or even some protein bars like the non-alcoholic recipe.

Those sound like exaggerated descriptions. But a cross between a milk stout and a barleywine seems to be the way to go. Maybe crush some daily vitamins in it too if you really want it nutrious. But making a brew from a crud description of something from a Scifi series is damn hard.

Thats like going to the soda board and asking for help with Slurm

ok i git the point. i was wrong to try this form. to try and figure this out

when I read your first post I knew it was going to get ugly. Sat. night, most words spelled wrong and confusing post, the boys actually went easy on you :) in the upper right corner of the text box you'll see an ABC with a check mark. click on that before you submit reply.

Ok, I've been around the interwebz and frequent many forumz so my forum/txt speach is fairly good at translating these eyebleeders. Here are my translations for you, hope this helps everyone, including mr netguard get his idea across.

Translation:
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I was recently watching the TV show Firefly, and they went to a planet where they were serving a drink called 'Mudder's Milk'. The show's description of this concoction was that it contained all the nutrients of your Grandmother's Thanksgiving dinner, with about 15% alcohol content. I know this would likely be very difficult to reproduce, but if any of you have an idea as to how this may be done I'm all ears.

Translation:
Unfortunately I actually wasn't inebriated at all. My spelling and sentence structure is simply very poor. This is just an idea I had, which was obviously inspired by the show. I have no idea as to how this recipe could be done, which is why I have posted on these boards. I figure it must be a stout, as it is mentioned in the show that is what it is like.

the only discretion was it was called murders milk with the nutrition of your grand mothers thanks giving meal and that it had 15%acl that was it other thin that it really did not say much more thin that cas ive made a few brews in the past and herd that in the show and that how cud that be done

Translation:

The only description that was given on the show, is that it is called 'Mudder's Milk'. It has the same nutritional content of your Grandmother's Thanksgiving meal, with a 15% alcohol content. Other than that, the show did not elaborate. I have previously made a couple homebrews, was intriged by the idea, and decided to post here to get other people's opinions as to how this may be created.

Also, please for the love of god use the spell checker before hitting submit! remember your high school english classes!!

Oh my God this is the funniest thread I have ever visited.

But seriously, I'm a big fan of booze and chocolate. And other sweets in general. If this works even sorta, I'll buy the recipe.

dvdanny said:
Thats like going to the soda board and asking for help with Slurm
Now you're just being silly. Everyone already knows how to make Slurm. It is simply non-processed slime that is secreted from the Slurm Queen on the planet Wormulon.
images

Now you're just being silly. Everyone already knows how to make Slurm. It is simply non-processed slime that is secreted from the Slurm Queen on the planet Wormulon.
images

Dammit I just junked my Ion Particle Accelerator to make a DIY stir plate....Damn.

OK, this has been funny. That said -

Just say you decided to brew a good old fashioned stout - something thick since it is for "mudder"s. If you had liquid nutrient to add, what would keep the yeast from eating through them in the bottle? Wouldn't you be best suited to brew a beer, crash and chill, filter to a keg, add a nutrient tea, and then serve on bottled gas?

Sorry if I thought it out too much, just kinda curious at this point.

images

So I guess the solution for slurm with be crush up some banana slugs and mix with a combination of cocaine and fizzy water? Seems like a decent drink!

That said, I am so glad comedy central picked up another season of Futurama.

Back