MT clean up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orangecrusher

Reaction score
Im planing a two vessel KRIMS using two inverted kegs. No elements in the MT just a return up top and a sanke drain conversion in the bottom(false bottom too, of course).

Question is, how is the best way to clean out the grain after the mash? This will be important to how I set everything up and how the stand is constructed. Looking for different opinions and experiences.

Tia

Line the MT with a fine mesh bag (i.e. Mash in a Bag.) Then you just lift the bag out of the MT after draining, dump it, and spray it off with a hose. You can get a bag custom made for keggles from Wilserbrewer.

Brew on :mug:

While that sounds like a great idea, i could see it irritating the hell outa me when the heavy grain soaked bag wont pull cleanly through the hole ive cut in the keg. Maybe after scooping half?

I'm slowly working on building a tilting mount for mine.. I have accessibility issues, but I've seen a number of folk on here build them so it seems ideal: Tilt and scoop. :)

While that sounds like a great idea, i could see it irritating the hell outa me when the heavy grain soaked bag wont pull cleanly through the hole ive cut in the keg. Maybe after scooping half?

Working with keggles in general is the start of irritating. If you're not already dead set on this plan, I'd highly recommend just going with a 20 gallon single vessel eBIAB setup.

If no, and you don't need the full 15 gallon capacity, cutting the entire top skirt off and making a larger 15" hole will make it easier.

Back