Mr. Steve's York,PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fernsanity

Reaction score
Interested in starting home brewing. I live near a Mr. Steve's ( York, pa). Anyone have insight on them?

*edited*

I may have misunderstood what was told to me so I am removing my post. My apologizes if I said something wrong.

Just stopped by on Saturday. It is open, he is moving down the road to another building shortly. I live in Lancaster and am in York 2-3 times a week. I have shopped at both Mr. Steves and Lancaster Homebrew and prefer LHB. We'll see what the new owners do. I did like the fact they had Wyeast brand yeast at Mr. Steves.

Okay. Thanks for the info. I hope they offer classes still and similar ingredient kits. I'd like to get my home brewing up and running again

I don't know why I would go the Lancaster. Just going off of the information presented to me. Would much rather stay local. Thanks for the "correct" information. For the classes, is there a sign up or reservation that I need to fulfill? Thank you!

I dropped in to Mr. Steve's last week when I was passing through on business and had a few hours to kill (I know, I should be in a 12-step program...). The shop was nice, clean, and spacious; well stocked with a good variety of ingredients. I spent a few minutes talking with the person at the store, who was very friendly. If I lived in the area, I would certainly be shopping there frequently.

I lived in York when I first started brewing (15+ years ago, back when he had a tiny store in Manchester) and gained a lot of knowledge from Mr. Steve. He was always willing to look at a recipe and answer questions. I still stop by the new store on occasion when I'm in town visiting the folks and need ingredients for a batch; very nice shop and good selection.

Moved this from "sampling and critiquing" forum (which is for sampling and critiquing beers) to the 'company reviews' forum. There wasn't a thread on Mr. Steve's there, so this is the first.

A reminder about HBT's rule that posts from business owners promoting their business in any way are not permitted unless you are a vendor member. For information about becoming a vendor member, please contact TxBrew via private message. Business owners may respond to reviews in this forum, in a limited and reasonable way, as determined by the moderators.

Latest posts

Back