Moving up from mr beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe we should start a hand-me-down thread, where we pass on stuff we no longer need or use?

I still have my Mr Beer 'barrel' from about 15 years ago. Someone could make better use of it than it just sitting on my shelf....

BTW, I tried two batches in it before I went stovetop BIAB/partial mash kit. Both Mr Beer batches were awful, and were from the canned malt junk. Yech....

Maybe we should start a hand-me-down thread, where we pass on stuff we no longer need or use?

I still have my Mr Beer 'barrel' from about 15 years ago. Someone could make better use of it than it just sitting on my shelf....

BTW, I tried two batches in it before I went stovetop BIAB/partial mash kit. Both Mr Beer batches were awful, and were from the canned malt junk. Yech....

I had the Mr Beer about 15 years ago as well. Terrible. Wish I would have continued like you did.

You could make better use of the Mr. Beer fermenter yourself. Use it to make some experimental brews where the results are going to be questionable and you don't want to make 10 gallons until you know the recipe is solid. There is no reason to leave it on the shelf.

A standard bottling wand fits snugly up into the spout on the mr beer "barrel" which takes it from a mediocre fermenter to a stellar bottling bucket

I still have 3 MR Beer LBK's that I've picked up at Goodwill, yard sales, etc. Now and again I feel like making a small batch of cider or wine. They work great for that sort of thing.

Nice haul! I can already tell that you will need a bigger kettle and more bottles by next Christmas or perhaps your birthday. Start schmoozing now...

You could make better use of the Mr. Beer fermenter yourself. Use it to make some experimental brews where the results are going to be questionable and you don't want to make 10 gallons until you know the recipe is solid. There is no reason to leave it on the shelf.

Use it to serve a gravity fed mild or bitter.

I enjoy mrbeer kits. I often buy 2 or 3 a year when my bottled beer supply gts low.

Also the fermentors r great for experiments. Or even split a 5 gallon batch in half.

Back