Quantcast

moving on up

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Punn

Reaction score
Well we decided to got all grain. I got a 10 gallon cooler to convert, gonna do it with the cooper inside and home made spigot. So I think it will come along nicely. Got a 10 gallon pot, so our batchs will be like 7 or 8 gals. Got the burner and such as well. So... any suggestions or just give it a go!! I say give it a go! gonna do a simple ale first

tnlandsailor

Reaction score
If you've never watched an all-grain brew before, it's worth a Saturday to watch one. Look for a homebrew club in your area. Watching a session at least through sparge and up to the boil will definitely help you design your equipment and think through all your processes.

Prosit!

OP
P

Punn

Reaction score
i got a vid i have watched about 3 times on it. quite confident i should do good. but who knows. I have yet to have a mess up, so I know it is coming!!! Thanks for the advice!

OP
P

Punn

Reaction score
midwest brewings vid. very good. does the whole doughing in and sparging session!

Born Brewing Co.

Reaction score
Punn, do you have a lauter tun to hold sparge water? From your post it sounds like your set with the 10 gal. mash tun and brew kettle.

OP
P

Punn

Reaction score
my first couple all grains are only going to be batch spargeing. doing it the easy way first.. gonna get this down pat. cant beat the set up for only 35$ with the cooler and easy setup i got!