Movie quote game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay....
The green berets...

"I'm going to tell you something. Your life is your own. You have a contract with your wife? You have certain things you do jointly? Bond there. And there are other things, and those things are yours. And you needn't feel ashamed, you needn't feel that you're being untrue. Or that *she* would abandon you if she knew. This is *your* life."

Glengarry Glen Ross...

No, actually, there are a couple more movies that use a similar gum line, one being Willy Wonka.

Sorry, it looks like I've been wasting 12 hours, but seriously...I was busy.

OK, here goes...(making them easy so the next guy/gal can play):

"If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter."

No, actually, there are a couple more movies that use a similar gum line, one being Willy Wonka.

Sorry, it looks like I've been wasting 12 hours, but seriously...I was busy.

OK, here goes...(making them easy so the next guy/gal can play):

"If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter."

Jaws

"You know all that upper body strength??? That really slows you down..."
"I'm not slow..."
"You didn't hit me..."
"Well if I did, you wouldn't be here..."
"I'm not arguing...but you didn't..."

Too easy or too googley?

Too easy. I try not to Google much except history, archeology, music, etc...

My DVD collection is over 1200 (and those are just the ones I chose to keep)...and over 300 donated to the local library. I also traded them for many years.

I rented from Redbox for a couple of years, but Good Will sells them for $1.88.

My DVD collection is over 1200 (and those are just the ones I chose to keep)...and over 300 donated to the local library. I also traded them for many years.

Noted! I'll try and go more obscure next time. Thought maybe I had an oldie not many had seen. I think I wore that VHS out as a kid.

Yep...All the way back to 1991...SILT...LOL!

Nice...you're up, homebrewer 99!

Here's the clip in question. The older shorter yakuza guy, the first to walk in and take off his glasses...that's Toshishiro Obata - founder of Shinkendo, sort of a historical "re-unification" martial art of different fragments of Japanese swordsmanship. Used to practice that style before I was married. Trained with the guy on a few occasions - weekend seminars at our dojo, a trip to his dojo in Hollywood once - just a phenomenal martial artist and swordsman. Still remember his jo staff pressing in on my carotid artery as he was explaining a 19th century police takedown to the class (I was the training dummy).

Just a note, not directed towards anyone. Googling is cheating in this game. Not like anyone would know but still using any search engine to guess a quote is unfair. Using google to get your own quote is ok though.

I don't know what te current quote is?
I also use duck duck go to look up movie quotes to bypass the "no googling" clause;)

Let’s set a new theme for today. How about horror movie Friday? All years and remakes allowed.

Great category... I love good horror films but because of the adjective "good", very few I have seen meet the standard.

Let's roll!

Starting off the theme:

George W Bush has won his fourth consecutive term as president, taking Florida, which due to a glitch in the Jeb B voting terminals, tallied one single vote for President Bush and Vice President Schwarzenegger. Bush's presidency was unanimously declared legally binding by the Supreme Court as well as "totally cool" by Supreme Justice Jenna Bush who subsequently set in motion another Supreme Kegger. Following the landslide victory, a constitutional amendment banning public nudity was implemented. Shortly thereafter, President Bush dissolved Congress, claiming it was "cramping his style." American Troops continue to be strung thin due to the still raging wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Iran, Lebanon, Libya, Pakistan, Venezuela, France, Canada, and Alaska

Starting off the theme:

George W Bush has won his fourth consecutive term as president, taking Florida, which due to a glitch in the Jeb B voting terminals, tallied one single vote for President Bush and Vice President Schwarzenegger. Bush's presidency was unanimously declared legally binding by the Supreme Court as well as "totally cool" by Supreme Justice Jenna Bush who subsequently set in motion another Supreme Kegger. Following the landslide victory, a constitutional amendment banning public nudity was implemented. Shortly thereafter, President Bush dissolved Congress, claiming it was "cramping his style." American Troops continue to be strung thin due to the still raging wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Iran, Lebanon, Libya, Pakistan, Venezuela, France, Canada, and Alaska
And t get this moving I'll add these from the same movie:

I know we're Christians, and what you're doing is a sin, but the intent is, well, Christ-like with you sacrificing yourself and all. So what are morals? Do the ends justify the means? But then again the road to hell is paved with good intentions, so... darn, I'm out of clichés.

And

The virus is based on the human X chromosome, so it stays more pure from woman to woman. But once you get a man in there, like everything else, it all goes to ****.

And

Badgers? Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers!

Starting off the theme:

This makes me think of Southland tales. I am probably completely wrong though. That’s not a horror movie anyway so I lose LOL.

Major! Thank god you guys are here. It's bad in there.

Maj. Camus: It better be. Right, Lieutenant?

Lt. Ryker: We're the best of the best, sir! We drink napalm and and piss fire!

Maj. Camus: Semper-fi!

Lt. Ryker: Hoo-rah!

Maj. Camus: So what seems to be the problem, doc?

Dr. Chushfeld: Believe it or not - zombies!

Maj. Camus: Nothing like a good challenge.

Lt. Ryker: We improvise and adapt, sir!

Maj. Camus: We just stopped that thing, what was it called again, Lieutenant?

Lt. Ryker: Armageddon, sir!

Maj. Camus: That's the one. Lieutenant Ryker here killed Satan himself with a sharp stick. Good work soldier!

And

I remember once lying in the snow under a clear blanket of stars, there were so many stars... You couldn't comprehend what it was like. That vast un-knowable void. But now I understand it. I feel I'm a part of it, that infinite nothingness... I wanna strip. Who's on? bless it, I'm gonna dance.

Let’s set a new theme for today. How about horror movie Friday? All years and remakes allowed.

Yeah, pick a subject I don't watch...I stopped watching them when I was at 13. A few have slipped in since then, but they really don't do anything for me (enjoyment wise).

I lost count...how many of you are TAKING MY TURN? :rolleyes:

Looks like it’s @homebrewer_99 turn and there isn’t a quote currently. No internet searching! Gotta figure it out on your own.

I was only leaving a hint for the next guy...I knew it was Showdown In Little Tokyo, but I didn't do it to win...that's why I just listed the initials.

OK, the NEXT poster AFTER this gets to go...:yes:

And t get this moving I'll add these from the same movie:

I know we're Christians, and what you're doing is a sin, but the intent is, well, Christ-like with you sacrificing yourself and all. So what are morals? Do the ends justify the means? But then again the road to hell is paved with good intentions, so... darn, I'm out of clichés.

And

The virus is based on the human X chromosome, so it stays more pure from woman to woman. But once you get a man in there, like everything else, it all goes to poopy.

And

Badgers? Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers!

Zombie Strippers!
Starring Robert Englund and Jenna Jameson

Yeah, pick a subject I don't watch...I stopped watching them when I was at 13. A few have slipped in since then, but they really don't do anything for me (enjoyment wise).

I lost count...how many of you are TAKING MY TURN? :rolleyes:

I was only leaving a hint for the next guy...I knew it was Showdown In Little Tokyo, but I didn't do it to win...that's why I just listed the initials.

OK, the NEXT poster AFTER this gets to go...:yes:
Oops.

“Everything is true. God's an Astronaut. Oz is Over the Rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live... And you came to die.”

Back