Movie quote game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're Americans, with a capital "A", huh. You know what that mean? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of ever decent county in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We are the underdog. We're mutts!

We're Americans, with a capital "A", huh. You know what that mean? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of ever decent county in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We are the underdog. We're mutts!

Stripes!

Fresh quote:

"Do you have any idea what it costs to change the angle on a satellite lens 200 miles above the earth? Our costs go up, your costs go up. It's only natural."

At some point, everything's gonna go south on you and you're going to say, this is it. This is how I end. Now you can either accept that, or you can get to work. That's all it is. You just begin. You do the math. You solve one problem and you solve the next one, and then the next. And If you solve enough problems, you get to come home.

"Did you see that tooth? She had so much bridge work, every time I kissed her I had to pay a toll!"

Hint classic black & white comedy.

Great movie, but no. Obscure quote, because the movie is really more of a comedy horror. The kissing comment was miscellaneous bantar.

I am glad you specified comedy-HORROR because I was about to guess "His Girl Friday"!

Little Shop of Horrors?

If the floor is open and we are still on screwball comedies...

"We have to get this woman to a hospital!"

"A hospital! What is it??"

" It's a large building where they keep sick people. But that's not important right now!"

"You mean someone that ain't scared of a Winchester rifle? Then what'd they do? Camp out down below and wait for him to die?"

Hint, 1 degree to Kevin Bacon.

Hmm I've watched some obscure stuff, you may regret letting me play. [emoji14]

"Someone stole my gold teeth and I can't chew my food down here."

Hint: Watermelon

Last edited:
Young Frankenstein? The hint is helpful but there isn’t much to go off of from the quote.

Young Frankenstein? The hint is helpful but there isn’t much to go off of from the quote.

LOL! Sorry, Frankie's gone to Hollywood...

I agree there isn't much to work on, but if I gave you one more hint the answer would be obvious (if you were familiar with the movie).

Isn't this how the game is played?

BTW, is there a time limit to answer these? I mean, I'm not on the computer 24/7...I spent an hour out at the garden earlier and other things need to be addressed. I do pop back in every once in a while.

A quote can expire after 24 hours if it isn’t guessed correctly. At that point anyone can post a new quote. The game has slowed down quite a bit lately though so it isn’t really a big deal. The game was just made for fun and to kill time. If you are asking how fast do you have to answer a persons guess I would say you just have to answer before your quote expires. The game is more fun when it moves quickly but just do your thing. I check back about every hour or so but some days I don’t log on at all.

Fair enough. You're right it is a bit slow...made even slower by my input.

I know it is a difficult one so I will END IT and allow the next person who comes along to give a clue.

ANSWER: "Non!" is French for "no". It is the ONLY WORD spoken in the Mel Brooks' (the Young Frankenstein guess was so close...) film "SILENT MOVIE" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Movie). It was spoken by the French mime, Marcel Marceau. It was his reply when the other characters asked him if he would be in their "silent movie".

Latest posts

Back