Motorized Grain Mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTBbrewer

Reaction score
How do i connect my pulley to my Barley Crusher? The pulley i am going to use has a 1" bore, and the Barley Crusher has a 3/8" (I think). Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Although people do it, Barley Crusher says it will lead to premature wear. They recommend a direct drive system.

Thanks for the info. I am still looking, but i have not found the right size yet. If anyone runs across one online please post a link.

You might have a hard time locating one for that big of a difference, and as others have mentioned, direct drive will give the longest life.

Here's what McMaster-Carr has to offer:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#shaft-adapters/=tkflb3

And if ya' can't find one to purchase, visit your local machine shop, take your pieces with ya', and tell them what you want to do.

That said, it might be hard to find a Machine Shop interested in doing a "one off" deal for ya' like this...........Unless the Shop Foreman or Lead Man likes homebrew.........

Edit: no I didn't find your size either, but I just took a quick look.

Latest posts

Back