Most different hop you have to grow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odinsgift

Reaction score
Who has different hops to grow aside from the average industry standard(sans proprietary), and has found use which is not commonly recognized in the general brewing community? I ask, because my children are 50% genetic Russisk, and 50% genetic Dansk, and Serebrianka hops sound amazing to me, and my wifes familie look at me like I am crazy when I mention them. I like to brew ancestrally reminiscent beers, and am yet to find a Danish migrant hop aside from what Carlsberg supposedly hides in their nursery.

The most different hop that I have growing is the teamaker. Close to 0% alpha acid and up to 15% beta. I have yet to use them in a recipe. I thought they would be good for my spontaneous fermentations.

There are some wild hops in Colorado. I have not propagated any, but I know where some are located. I am not sure if they are ancestral or from the early settlers.

I'm growing vojvodina right now which I had never even heard of until this year and I have yet to see a beer with it. I have that and a nugget growing and it's about 7ft tall which is twice the size of my nugget.

Back