most accurate online recipe calculator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calibrewer209

Reaction score
I don't own a computer so I can't get beersmith, so the only access I have for a recipe calculator online with my phone. I was wondering which one you guys think is the most accurate. I've tried a couple and can never get consistent numbers so I never know which one is right...

I don't own a computer so I can't get beersmith, so the only access I have for a recipe calculator online with my phone. I was wondering which one you guys think is the most accurate. I've tried a couple and can never get consistent numbers so I never know which one is right...

When I'm not at my computer using BeerSmith I use BrewPal on my iPhone. Recommended by others on here.

Alright, I've used hopville before, I just wasn't sure of it's accuracy but 3 recommendations in a row is good enough for me. Thnx guys!

Wow, hopville was spot on with what the recipe says the OG should be when set at 5.2 batch size! The only problem I have with it is that it has the IBU's really low (around 32). I was hoping it would be around 60-70... here's the recipe:

Northern brewers
Denny's wry smile rye

5.25 gal batch
2.5 gal boil
1.078 OG

3.15 lbs Rye LME (60 min)
6.3 lbs Rye LME (15 min)
1 lb Corn Suger (60 min)
.5 lbs Crystal 60L
.5 lbs CaraPils

1 oz Mt. Hood (first boil)
1 oz Columbus (60 min)
1 oz Mt. Hood (30 min)
1 oz Mt. Hood (flame out)
1 oz Columbus (dry hop)

Does 32 IBU's sound right? I have a bunch of leftover hops I can add, but I don't want to if the recipe is actually already around 60-70 IBUs... what do you guys think?

Wow, hopville was spot on with what the recipe says the OG should be when set at 5.2 batch size! The only problem I have with it is that it has the IBU's really low (around 32). I was hoping it would be around 60-70... here's the recipe:

Northern brewers
Denny's wry smile rye

5.2 gal batch
2.5 gal boil
1.078 OG

3.15 lbs Rye LME (60 min)
6.3 lbs Rye LME (15 min)
1 lb Corn Suger (60 min)
.5 lbs Crystal 60L
.5 lbs CaraPils

1 oz Mt. Hood (first boil)
1 oz Columbus (60 min)
1 oz Mt. Hood (30 min)
1 oz Mt. Hood (flame out)
1 oz Columbus (dry hop)

Does 32 IBU's sound right? I have a bunch of leftover hops I can add, but I don't want to if the recipe is actually already around 60-70 IBUs... what do you guys think?

Back