Mosaic Extract Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suited_Up

Reaction score
Planning on doing a Mosaic brew tomorrow. I have 5lb of extra light LME that's been in the fridge for way too long. But unopened, should be ok. Also a few vacuum packed hops that have been in the fridge forever, but gonna hope for the best. Bought fresh Mosaic and Cali yeast. (Old Warrior for bittering I'm thinking)

Will probably do a slightly smaller batch to get the abv up. Maybe start the boil with 5gal... I have....

5lb extra light LME extract
1lb Corn sugar
1lb Cara 10L (steeping)

Then probably...

.5oz Warrior (60min)
.75ozMosaic (15min)
.75oz Mosaic (5min)
1oz Mosaic (flameout)
1.5 Mosaic (Dryhop)

Totally winging it. But recently had Brenner's "City Fox" (Milwaukee) and was loving all the tropical fruit it had.

Critiques welcome.

I brewed a Mosaic/ Maris Otter SMaSH yesterday after having fallen in love with the hop in a local brewery's "single hop" series.

My hop schedule was .5oz at 60, and 1oz at 10 and 5. I'll be dry-hopping for 4 days with 2.5oz. I considered adding a flameout addition (maybe taking some from the dryhop allotment), but I wanted to follow the same recipe I had used before with a different hop to keep them similar for comparison's sake.

Let us know how it turns out!

Picked up another 1lb of Light DME to add to it. It's bubbling away. The wort smelled awesome. I'm excited to see how it turns now.

Definitely want to use Maris Otter for my next brew. Would have this time but I had this 5lbs of LME to use so I didn't want to get crazy and start adding expense and blending things. But I love malty hoppy beers.

Back