Morel Mania!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawn_kiebawls

Lawncare and Landscaping enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, Morel season is finally here, we've found the hot spot and we couldn't be more excited! :ban: For those of you lucky enough to have these in your areas, what is your favorite way to cook them? I've always just done the 'dust in seasoned flour and fry in butter' method, which is good but I'm wanting to 'gourmet out' my dinner table this year. Hit me with any of your favorites!

Dish ideas I'm throwing around: Beef stroganoff, wild rice with chicken breast and a creamy morel sauce, spaghetti sauce, sautéed with onions garlic and asparagus on top of a thick cut ribeye...mmmm so many options. Cant wait to hit the woods again tomorrow!

I like where your mind is; but, for such a rare treat, I always try to cook them in a way that highlights them, not bury them in a spaghetti sauce.

Risotto is an incredible way to do this and I like your cream based sauce idea. I’ll also toss a handful into a plastic bag to lightly coat them in olive oil and then grill them and eat as a stand alone side.

Nine times out of ten, they’re lightly hit with butter and olive oil and either lightly sautéed or grilled. Something about morels just won’t let me bury them AS an ingredient, I always want to showcase them as THE ingredient.

Regardless, I’m glad to hear you’re finding them. We’re a little slow this year because of a crazy winter; but, I’m planning on heading out next weekend to see what I can find.

Latest posts

Back