Morebeers pliny the elder clone review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuBru

Reaction score
How does this recipe stack up against the real PTE? please share your thoughts

I've only had the real deal once as I live in the east bay and our stores don't stock Russian river brew. I've made a clone twice from hops I got from a friend that he got online. 2 weeks ago I brewed the more beer clone. Unfortunately its too early to see how it came out as it hasn't even been dry hopped yet!

The hop schedule was really different than my other kit. More beer came with whole hops to first wort hop (first time using hole hops and doing fwh). Also it only has me dry hop 3-7 days. My other kit had one dry hop 7-14 days and another pack 3-7 days. I dry hopped for the longer time and it came out great with no grassieness. So I'm going to do this kit for 7 days.

So give me a few more weeks and PM me so I remember and I can give you my review.

Well, it says its the actual recipe from Vinny. I have the pdf download I reference to. I undershot my gravity making mine more of an ipa than double like pliny. Mine was still awesome despite being 6.6 %.

Latest posts

Back