MoreBeer Torpedo Keg Ball locks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YOpassDAmike

Reaction score
Can the popular black liquid ball lock and gray gas ball lock be used on the torpedo kegs? I see that there are specific stainless steel ball locks made for torpedo kegs but are these required to use the torpedo kegs?

Yep the stainless ones are just an up sell.

On a sidenote I have three of the 1.6 gallon torpedo slimline kegs. I like them a lot.

I use the plastic ball locks on my torpedo and they worked fine.

I use the plastic ball locks. Really like my 5 gallon Torpedo's.

The only thing to keep in mind is that the dimensions of the Torpedo are closer to pin lock kegs than ball lock. 9.125 inches diameter so take up a little more room in the keezer

I use the plastic ball locks. Really like my 5 gallon Torpedo's.

The only thing to keep in mind is that the dimensions of the Torpedo are closer to pin lock kegs than ball lock. 9.125 inches diameter so take up a little more room in the keezer

Check out the slimline torpedo's they are under 8 5/16" in diameter. Currently out of stock here in Cali though.

They work fine. I do like the SS QDs though. I should buy a couple.

I love my Torpedo kegs, but the satin finish is easily marred by just about anything; cleaning, bumping, rubbing. Take a few pictures when you get them so you can always cherish the memory of how nice they looked!

Latest posts

Back