morebeer.com stainless quick disconnects - do yours leak?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sethhobrin

Reaction score
So a few of my stainless QDs from morebeer.com seem to leak. Is this a common issue or should I be calling them and asking for a refund. I have about 2 or 3 sets out of 15 that seems to drip....

Is there something I can check or a trick to keep these things from leaking?

Example: http://morebeer.com/view_product/9140//Female_Stainless_Steel_Quick_Disconnect_w_Barb

Also i am having problems even getting some of my threaded pieces to seal correctly with teflon tape. what am I doing wrong. Followed the video on kal's site exact. using 5 or so revolutions of tape, very tightly, and going in the correct direction. still have some leaks.. :( I have a friend recommending plumbers putty. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

I bought quite a few of the morebeer QDs, but I've only used two sets. Of those, neither leaked. I haven't had any issue with threaded fittings. Is it all of your threaded connections or only a small number? Have you checked the threads to see if they're damaged?

I bought quite a few of the morebeer QDs, but I've only used two sets. Of those, neither leaked. I haven't had any issue with threaded fittings. Is it all of your threaded connections or only a small number? Have you checked the threads to see if they're damaged?

Its only a small number. I have disassembled them, cleaned them off, inspected and reassembled and they still leak(just a drop or so every couple of minutes but still).

I think I might give plumbers putty a try for the ones that are being problematic. I just haven't heard of anyone else using PP and was wondering if it would be an issue verses teflon tape.

I have 1 that leaks and I know a few others have ones that leak. We all bought them in the first half of this year. Apparently there was a bad batch of them. I would contact morebeer and get them exchanged. Mine just needed a new o ring and all was good.

Also there is no reason to use putty or tape.

i meant for the threaded connections that have a slight leak with tape. I was considering using putty for those 1 or 2 connections.

I have spare orings so I'll give that a try on the QDs.

Back