More Excel help needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brutus Brewer

Reaction score
I am in need of some conditional formatting help in Excel. What I'm trying to do is create a sheet that will format a cell that wins a skin on a golf hole. What I'm currently doing is finding the min value in the column of scores and using a countif function to count the number of min scores. I then manually highlight the winning skin where the countif function returns a 1 value. I'd like to be able to have the cell highlighted automatically but can't seem to come up with the best way to get it done, any ideas?

Not sure what version of Excel you're using, but is this what you're trying to do...

excel.jpg

I use Excel every day, but can't remember all the things I need to, so I recommend searching some great Excel forums out there. I often post my question in Google, and I can either locate the answer or post one in the forum - in your case it might be like - "conditional format low number in Excel 2003" in the Google search box...

I've done some stuff that I consider pretty complex on Excell and my only source of info was youtube videos of which there are a lot of good ones. The downside was I spent a lot of time watching videos just to determine that it didn't have what I needed from it so it took a lot of time to do it.

Back