More Beer heading to PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Emailed them asking about it and they said "details are cloudy right now" but also that they'll be sending out a newsletter when it opens.

That'll be nice - there's really only one shop (3 locations, but same shop) around Pittsburgh, and there hours aren't great.

Just as an update more beer said that it would just be a distribution center with no retail presence at this point.

Just placed an order w them this evening and was confused when my confirmation said shipping from PA--thought it was a mistake. Well this explains it!

Yeah mine shipped from PA today. Placed order on Friday, shipped on Saturday arrives today in Cincinnati OH. CahCahCye yah LHBS!

I wonder if this will cause the "midwest" companies to follow morebeer and offer free shipping after a certain price point? Morebeer is pretty darn good. Domestic grain for a buck o' pound if you mill your own. All prices blow away my LHBS besides bulk grain buys.

Hey All,

Just found this post - wish I had done so sooner! Here's a little clarity for some questions you might have:

Our new location is in Ambridge, PA. It will just be a distribution center unfortunately, and will not currently allow for will calls, order pickup, etc. The good news is: If you're close enough to drive there, you're probably in a 1 day shipping range, so I'd recommend to take advantage of our free shipping, sit on your couch, and wait for the items to come to you while you sip on some homebrew!

Our Free Shipping model is still currently 2-3 days to process in the warehouse, but the transit time for our east coast and midwest customers will drop from 5-6 business days to 1-2 business days. Some parts of the center of the country will also see a one day improvement. We're hoping that with splitting our orders between two locations the processing times will naturally go down, but without testing anything yet, don't want to get hopes up or advertise that they're shorter.

To checkout our shipping map and see how many days FedEx will take to get you your order after it leaves one of our warehouses, click on this shipping map.

We're really excited to be able to shorten transit times, as we know that was a pain for our customers on the east to wait over a week sometimes for their order to arrive. We know that when you get the chance to brew on a weekend, and that's your only chance for a month, it's frustrating when your equipment and / or ingredients don't make it. Hopefully this new warehouse will eliminate a huge portion of those situations.

A side note: If we don't have your entire order in the closest warehouse, you have the option to split the order. It will take a little longer for part of it to get to you, but you will hopefully receive the bulk of the order quickly. If you're ever curious about the order prior to placing it, please don't hesitate to call or email our customer support team - they can make sure you're fully aware of what can or can't ship. On that note, they're also open seven days a week, and during the weekdays (Monday - Friday) are now open from 7:00am - 6:00pm PST (used to be 9-6 PST). If you have questions, we'll hopefully be open to answer them!

Anyways - we're still ramping up, but if you have any questions, concerns, or feedback we'd appreciate hearing it!

Cheers!

Back