Moonshine mash dilemma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waywardson

Reaction score
ok first time posting friends, i need sum info, i hope im posting in the right forum, bare with me, i built a still outta a 1/2 keg , 3 thump mason jars, 1/2 gal ones, n worm, im having alil trouble with mash i guess, i use 10 lbs cracked corn, i also grind in processor, 12 lbs of pure sugar, not store bawt stuff,5 packets of bread yeast, sat for 14 days n ran yestrday, i got 2 qrts of 130 pr n 2 jars of 120 proof n it died off to nothin but water, las time i ran this recipe i got 8 jars of likker, only thing difrent was the PURE sugar, are my quantites off, ingredients off, im stumped, i have about 12 gal of mash n get about 6-7 gal of liquid strained to run? Any help would b sppreciated, ive dun allotta research n had pretty good sucess, dunno wat hapnd this time! Holla!🤘

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry i did boil for about 1/2 hr, let it cool too 100 deg n added yeast, i did not add amylase, wat does that do? Thanx fellers!

The amylase will actually convert the starch in the corn mash that you made to sugars, which the yeast can then convert to alcohol. Without any enzymes you just have a big pot of starch which the yeast cannot convert to alcohol.

Back