Mold on pellicule?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiroux

Reaction score
Hi! I have a lambic that i racked on blueberries 1-2 months ago, and there's now something that looks like white mold. It smells funky and a bit cheezy, but not desgusting at all. What do you think?

image-603119868.jpg

I have seen only the 3 or so pellicles that I currently have. But they all look different and they all seem to evolve in appearance. I wouldn't worry about it.

The more it goes, the more it looks like mold, it's kind of green. Really different from my other pellicules, and it smells like mold. Should I rack it off, ou drain pour it?

That looks to me like the mold that grows on old berries. On the other hand, I've never seen any part of a lambic fermentation.

If you are really concerned, rack it off the fruit to another container, and see what happens.

There are no known pathogens that can survive in beer, so don't be afraid to taste it.

Latest posts

Back