Mmmmmm, green beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camride

Reaction score
Yep, I'm anxious and I know it.

I made an extract kit from Midwest, the Hop Head Double IPA, and tweaked it a little. I left it in primary for two weeks before I dry hopped it with 2oz of whole leaf cascade (came with the kit) and 2oz of whole leaf amarillo for a week. It's been bottled for a week and I decided to drink the last one I bottled that got some yeast rafts and stuff in it. Man is it good! It's still green, and I think another 2 weeks in the bottle will have it about perfect. But it's got a wonderful citrus aroma, a good bitterness that isn't overwhelming, and a wonderful (yet slightly alcoholic) hoppy finish.

For my second brew I'm damn impressed with myself. :D I can't wait to drink it in a couple weeks.

Going to suck when you run out and the second is not ready! You need to get that pipeline going.
I know. I was going to brew my Imperial Red this weekend but it looks like I won't have time. I might try to knock it out Monday after work. I do have a Trippel fermenting, but I'm leaving that one in for a month and in the bottle at least a month if not longer before the first taste so it'll be a while before I can drink that one.

Back