Mmm Guacamole

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhineinAlbany

Reaction score
This is just about the best guacamole I've ever had, and my mouth is watering because I'm making a double batch tomorrow. Thought I would share. Now I just have to figure out which beer will go with it best . . .

Ingredients

3 Hass avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup diced onion (I use white, because I find red ones taste nasty)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic (or more if you like garlic as much as I do . . .)

Directions

In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.

Pretty darn similar to how I make it, I usually go by taste though so I don't have set measurements for ingredients. I also add some cumin to it, which I do enjoy. Man I want some fresh guac now!

I cheat when I make mine. Typically, I make salsa at the same time, and just put a bit of salsa into the guac in place of your last four ingredients.

Looks similar to the Alton brown recipe I always make except Alton's has cumin and cayenne pepper. It's by far the best gauc I've ever had.

*Sigh* My SWMBO is very supportive in anything I do... But she HATES Guacamole. :( Maybe I can sponge off one of y'all

I use basically the same recipe ( although rough measurements); but I add cumin, ancho chills powder, cayenne and a finely diced jalepeno. I like to start with the minced garlic and salt in the bowl and mash them together; the salt works like an abrasive and makes a paste then add lime juice. Once done I cut other ingredients. It's always best to make sure lime juice is ready to minimize avacados exposure to air, else it'll brown quickly.

I use basically the same recipe ( although rough measurements); but I add cumin, ancho chills powder, cayenne and a finely diced jalepeno. I like to start with the minced garlic and salt in the bowl and mash them together; the salt works like an abrasive and makes a paste then add lime juice. Once done I cut other ingredients. It's always best to make sure lime juice is ready to minimize avacados exposure to air, else it'll brown quickly.

I like the idea of your technique of mashing the salt and garlic together first... I'm going to have to try that next time I make guac

Back