MM2 or MM3 fit BC Base?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclonebeer

Reaction score
I'm done fighting with my Barley Crusher mill. Does anybody know for certain if the base and/or hopper from the Barley Crusher will fit a Monster Mill MM2 or MM3? When it takes just about as long to crush as it does to mash, it's time for a change.

I'm done fighting with my Barley Crusher mill. Does anybody know for certain if the base and/or hopper from the Barley Crusher will fit a Monster Mill MM2 or MM3? When it takes just about as long to crush as it does to mash, it's time for a change.

E-mail Monster Brewing, and ask..........He may or may not give ya' the bolt pattern, but I'm guessin' he will......

No, the bolt patterns are not the same. There are only two bolts holding my Barley Crusher to the base; with my MM3 mill, there are 4 bolts.

You may be able to use the base by enlarging the hole to fit the MM, and drill new bolt holes.

I recommend the cereal killer (your base will fit) or the kegco three roller mill. they use harder rollers than the BC and real ball bearings instead of the bronze bushings that the barley crusher and the other mills you mention use so no having to take the mill apart and clean the grain dust out of the bushings and sidewalls.

Ive been brewing regularly with my Cereal killer for over 4 years now and its never even had to be cleaned... rollers are still sharp... the kegco, kegking 2 roller and cereal killer are all the exact same mill just different branding and pricing.
You can also buy the MM2 or MM3 with bearings (as an upgrade) but at about 4 times the cost complete.
I just bought the kegco 3 roller (for nano brewery use) and it as well as the MM3 are larger than the BC/cereal killer so the bases would need to be modified.

Last edited:
I recommend the cereal killer (your base will fit) or the kegco three roller mill. they use harder rollers than the BC and real ball bearings instead of the bronze bushings that the barley crusher and the other mills you mention use so no having to take the mill apart and clean the grain dust out of the bushings and sidewalls.

Ive been brewing regularly with my Cereal killer for over 4 years now and its never even had to be cleaned... rollers are still sharp... the kegco, kegking 2 roller and cereal killer are all the exact same mill just different branding and pricing.
You can also buy the MM2 or MM3 with bearings (as an upgrade) but at about 4 times the cost complete.
I just bought the kegco 3 roller (for nano brewery use) and it as well as the MM3 are larger than the BC/cereal killer so the bases would need to be modified.
I just ordered the kegco 3 roller without a base so I would like to make one myself. I have all kinds of fabrication equipment at work but I haven't been able to find cutout dimensions or bolt pattern for this. Any idea?
I would like to get it made in the mean time instead of waiting for it to arrive just to measure and draw something up after the fact...
I'm hoping to use it this weekend when it gets here.

I just ordered the kegco 3 roller without a base so I would like to make one myself. I have all kinds of fabrication equipment at work but I haven't been able to find cutout dimensions or bolt pattern for this. Any idea?
I would like to get it made in the mean time instead of waiting for it to arrive just to measure and draw something up after the fact...
I'm hoping to use it this weekend when it gets here.
im 99% sure its the same as the MM3 everything else is. even the mm3 hopper extension bolts right up with all the holes lining up.

Latest posts

Back