MLT slime.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joos

Reaction score
Anyone else get grain slime in their MLT after about a week or so?Maybe it's just me,but I clean the hell out of it.I think I get some crud stuck in the braid and it just grows over time.

not a bad idea.I've never had any problems.It just sucks having to clean it again before I brew.

Huh I haven't really had this problem, but I clean very thoroughly after I finish the mash because I immediately reuse my MLT for fermentation temperature control.

I did a pumpkin ale last week... and talk about slime in the MLT! I let my MLT sit with about 4 inches of hot water and oxyclean for a couple of hours, then rinse and store dry. No problems with slime... even after the pumpkin ale.

You are supposed to clean the MLT? I just dump it out, rinse it, and wipe out the inside a bit, and rinse again.

That passes for cleaning in my book. Just make sure you get any left over wort or any bits of grain out and wipe it down after rinsing. Never had a problem here.

Back