MLT/Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamrd

Reaction score
I am getting my kettles ready for all grain need some opinions. Should I weld my fittings or just go with weldless? I'm thinking of sanitary vs. simple.... I have 2- 10 gallon stainless kettles and 1- 5 gallon. A false bottom for the MLT and inherited 3 stainless sanitary tri clover clamps

All i've used to so far is weldless. No issues here and have been happy with them over the last few years.

will silicone hose be ok between the valve and false bottom?

Used weldless for about 4 years now. Never a problem with them.

I considered having SS nipples welded in after I already had a 3/4" hole for my weldless and was told that those holes are too big for a good bead...lesson being that once you commit, you are pretty well committed.

Purists will always prefer Tig welded nipples in their brew kegs, but you need to make sure you can get a somewhat sanitary weld so that it's cleanable.

Good problem to have (options!)

Used weldless for about 4 years now. Never a problem with them.

I considered having SS nipples welded in after I already had a 3/4" hole for my weldless and was told that those holes are too big for a good bead...lesson being that once you commit, you are pretty well committed.

Purists will always prefer Tig welded nipples in their brew kegs, but you need to make sure you can get a somewhat sanitary weld so that it's cleanable.

Good problem to have (options!)

cool to see another Parker brewer. Just moved out of Parker a little over a month ago, but I join my dad out there for some brew days still.:mug:

Back