MLT build-question about Bazooka T screen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moosetav

Reaction score
I have a Rubbermaid 10 gal cooler and am getting supplies in order to build my MLT tomorrow. Planned on getting a Zymico Bazooka T screen. I'm trying to keep the cost down by putting it all together myself and I've got a question. Is the T in the braid threaded? From the pics I have seen it's not. I think I've got the valve set up good to go but I'm trying to figure out how to attach the screen to the valve w/o soldering. I'd like to have my parts list nailed down before I head out tomorrow so I'm not running all over the city. I'm headed to LHBS to get the screen but am afraid the accompanying setup they'd sell would be expensive so planned on going to HD or Lowes.

what do you mean it isnt threaded? I planned on doing the same thing as you. I already purchased my stainless steel fitting from bargainfittings.com and planned on attaching the bozooka T to this

How I connected mine was with a threaded copper adapter from Home Depot. It is threaded on one end and straight on the other. This adapter threads into my bulk head fitting on my mashtun. The Bazooka T simply slides over the straight section. Should you whack it real hard with a mash paddle it could come off.

ah, I see. cool, I plan on buying the Bazooka tube I guess. How come you dont just go with the tube?

Because I did not want my 50' chiller sitting on top of it and crushing it when I used it in the boil kettle. I really do not use it for the kettle anymore, I thought it would be great for whole hops but it can clog too.

Because I did not want my 50' chiller sitting on top of it and crushing it when I used it in the boil kettle. I really do not use it for the kettle anymore, I thought it would be great for whole hops but it can clog too.

ah, I see I plan on using this for my MLT so I dont have to worry about the chiller crushing it :D

Cool. I've seen those adapters. I guess if I firmly attached them together I wouldn't be able to take it apart for cleaning, etc. Appreciate it.

Back