Misheard Lyrics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrunkleJon

Objects in mirror are closer than they appear
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, this weekend I was was painting (with a beer) and Bad Moon Rising from CCR came on. My brain was in misheard lyrics mode and I started singing it

I see a bad mood arising.
I see trouble on the way.
I see earthquakes and lightnin'.
I see bad times today.

[Chorus:]
Don't go around tonight,
Well, She's bound to take your life,
There's a bad mood on the rise.

Then I had a realization. With only a few words changed, everything else fits yet the song is a completely different warning. I think this song might have originated out of a warning that someone was PMSing....

So, thoughts? And what other songs do you or others mishear?

Another example:
Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam. Heck, anything by Pearl Jam.
http://youtu.be/xLd22ha_-VU

Scuse me while I kiss this guy!

Yeah, I know it's a classic. And Jimi, you can do whatever you feel, bro!

I hate when I go a long time not really understanding some lyrics, and then i look them up and it's SOO EASY to hear it! Why was it so hard before!!

Or even worse you hear somone elses misheard lyrics and then that is all you hear from then on out. Yellow Ledbetter is forever changed for me. We will see about Bad mood...

This has to be one of the MOST mis-sung lyrics of all time.

"Burnin out his fuse out here alone..."

I always knew the words, as my older sister told me years ago.

A recent Volkswagen commercial a couple of years ago brought it to light.

Makes me chuckle.
:cross:

When I was about 6 or 7 I thought it was "dirty deeds and the thunder jeep"

And I think Iron Butterfly with In a Gadda Da Vidda is the best lyric screw up since they did it to themselves

American band.
I just learned this weekend that the line is "up all night with Freddy king". I always thought it was "up all night waitin for the king".

The first time I ever heard Garth brooks " I got friends in low places". I thought it said " and the beer taste like kool-aid" instead of chases my blues away.

Back in high school I bought Prong's album Beg to Differ. My mom overheard the song For Dear Life and was like "is he saying Tortilla Light?". I have not heard that song the same since.

John Prine tells one about a live concert and one of his fans...

seems someone asked him to sing the song about the "Happy Enchilada" - as in...it's a happy enchilada and you think you're gonna drown"
He said..."I'm glad you like the lyrics"

"half an inch of water"

DrunkleJon said:
This thread is so much better than I thought it would end up. Great additions all.

For sure, I have tons of these things. Working at a bar for 11 yrs, I have heard my share of lyric bending.

When I was about 6 or 7 I thought it was "dirty deeds and the thunder jeep"

And I think Iron Butterfly with In a Gadda Da Vidda is the best lyric screw up since they did it to themselves

Reminds me of this ******* who my wife knew that thought the song went "dirty sheets and they're dun dun gee". The worst part is he really thought those were the lyrics and actually argued with us when we corrected him. I don't think I've ever laughed and wanted to punch someone at the same time before.

Whattawort said:
Reminds me of this ******* who my wife knew that thought the song went "dirty sheets and they're dun dun gee". The worst part is he really thought those were the lyrics and actually argued with us when we corrected him. I don't think I've ever laughed and wanted to punch someone at the same time before.
Haha at least I was a little kid, that is just down right ignorance.

Worst case of screwed up lyrics, more so than "In the garden of Eden" Inna godda davita, is "yammo be there" by Michael McDonald, "God will be there" was what he originally wrote

My 6 year old sings Fallout Boy with Line me up some coco line me up some coco my mouth is on fire.

I give my wife a hard time on this. She is one of the worst offenders but I have to admit it's pretty cute to hear her belt these out...

"Dont go Jason Waterfalls" - TLC
"Runnin down a drain" - Tom Petty

Filter:
"Hey man nice shot"

My friend Aimee:
"Hey man nice shirt"

lol

SwivelHips said:
...when everybody knows it's "Dirty Deeds, and they're done with sheep..."

Like this?

image-1118581967.jpg

Cheers.

Ccr lookin out my back door

Doo doo doo coming out my back door

Pour some shook-up ramen... in the name of love!
And that's how I actually sang it a few bands ago when we did it. :)

Wow. On purpose?? :cross:

I have a friend who plays Guild Wars 2 with me. He had a WoW charater named Sugars, but that name was unavailable when he switched to GW2, so he named one sugaronme.

Now every time I see his character I start singing that song. When we are on Teamspeak I sing "Pour some sugar on me!'

And he finished with, "And lick it off!"

I try to be mad at him, but it's impossible.

Latest posts

Back